- Weekly wage: £200.00
- Working week: Monday to Friday. Times TBC.
- Total hours per week: 40.00
- Expected duration: 24 months
- Possible start date: 18 Oct 2021
- Apprenticeship level: Intermediate Level 2 (GCSE)
- Positions: 1 available
Your duties will include:
- Being able to idenfify and confirm requirements and components against specification and drawings and in accordance with Building Regulations
- Learn how to locate handle store load and transport and position materials safely
- Prepare the site power and hand tools suitable for the project
- Learn how to calculate the most efficient quantity length and area of resources/materials
- Learn to use and maintain hand tools, power tools and achieve optimum performance
- Maintain a clear and tidy workspace and ensure that waste materials are disposed of safely according to legislation
- Carry out quality checks against specifications and take corrective action where required and instructed
- install building components including door and window frames, door and hatch linings, floor joists and coverings, straight partitions and straight staircases
- Install doors, mouldings, ironmongery, service encasements, wall and floor units and fitments, cladding and staircase components
- Erect inclined roofs with gables, joists, roof coverings and roof components
Requirements and prospects
We are looking for someone with the following skills:
- Ability to plan and undertake work safely and productively
- Ability to apply knowledge learned in the workplace
- An appreciation for health and safety in the workplace
- An ability to apply maths to the estimation process
- Able to carry out the physical work safely
- Manual dexterity
- ability to carry out the fundamental skills of measureing,marking out, fitting, cutting, horizontal and vertical levelling
We are looking for somebody who:
- Uses effective communication in oral, written, listening and presentation forms
- Is good at being part of a team
- Canwork independently and take responsibility for completing your own work
- Can think logically and can use clear and valid reasoning to make decisions
- Will undertake work in a reliable and productive manner
- Uses time effectively to complete the work on schedule
- Is able to adjust to changes to work instructions
GCSE English and maths would be an advantage.
We would anticipate that the apprentice will remain as part of our team on completion of their Level 2 apprenticeship and may wish to progress to Level 3.
About the employer
My company is called F R Building and is a small company that takes on a range of jobs that mean we need a wide range of skills. Recently we have been fitting kitchens and staircases. I am a mameber of the Federation of Master Builders so my work is of high quality and I need somebody to work with me who is interested in learning how to do a good job so that the customer is delighted with the outcome.
EAST SUSSEX COLLEGE GROUP
You'll be working full time for the company and you will have 20% of your paid time in 'off the job' training which will mean attending college in Eastbourne one day a week. You will learn a wide range of skills together with knowledge and behaviours required to make a site carpenter.
Your programme is 24 months long and will finish with an End Point Assessment which will include:
- A knowledge test
- A practical test
- An interview based on your portfolio of evidence of yur skill
You may also have English and maths included in your programme.
Carpentry and joinery
Level 2 (GCSE)