Apprentice Commis Chef
Apprentice Commis Chef
The Star At Alfriston
As Commis Chef, you will be assisting the Chef de Partie’s in the responsibility of all the highest professional quality food production, including all items produced for The Dining Room, The Inn and Lounge, Room Service and Banqueting. The Commis Chef also takes a proactive role in training, hygiene standards, and creative excellence culture.
- Weekly wage £300.00 - £380.00
- Working week Days and times to be confirmed
Total hours per week: 40.00
- Expected duration 24 months
Apprenticeship level Intermediate
Level 2 (GCSE)
- As Commis Chef, you will be assisting the Chef de Partie’s in the responsibility of all the highest professional quality food production, including all items produced for The Dining Room, The Inn and Lounge, Room Service and Banqueting. The Commis Chef also takes a proactive role in training, hygiene standards, and creative excellence culture
- To carry out the food preparation and culinary activities to the highest professional quality for all food production at the hotel. Including all items produced for, The Dining Room (60 covers), The Inn and Lounge (approx. 70), Room Service (30 Rooms) and Banqueting (One event space with a capacity: dining 60 and reception 100)
- To carry out The Star’s culinary offering within the required quality expectations and ethos from the Head Chef and Sous Chef’s created, developed and updated menus
- To assist the Head Chef and Sous Chef in understanding what food products and other necessary supplies need to be requested and purchased
- To participate in the departmental training, hygiene standards, and a creative excellence culture
Requirements and prospects
- An entry level to cooking
- Good communication
- Focused and high attention to detail
GCSE English / Maths grade 4/C are desirable (or the equivalent).
We are an exciting new project and would really like passionate and driven individuals to carry on and become a well rounded chef.
Things to consider
Shift work and weekend work to be discussed at interview .
Wages will depend on age and experience.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
A stunning grade II Listed 15th-century building in the medieval village of Alfriston, near the Seven Sisters and in the South Downs National Park, close to the historic town of Lewes and both Glyndebourne Opera House and Charleston. Following a year-long refurbishment it provides 30 bedrooms, an inn with all-day casual dining, a more formal restaurant and will also cater to events and weddings.
We are delighted to be recruiting for up and coming chefs. The exciting role allows you to make your name and enjoy establishing our reputation as the place to visit for fresh a la minute and simple food with a unique attention to detail.
Employer The Star At Alfriston
Training provider EAST SUSSEX COLLEGE GROUP
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Sussex Coast College Hastings