Tax/Trust & Estate Apprentice
- Working week: 08.45am – 17.30pm 1 hours lunch break 5 days a week unless at college for 1 day a week
- Total hours per week: 38.75
- Annual wage: £15,000.00 - £18,000.00
- Expected duration: 18 months
- Apprenticeship level: Higher Level Apprenticeship
- Positions: 1 available
Reporting to the partner and client manager assisting with all aspects of trust and estate administration and tax compliance to include:
- Drafting trust and estate accounts to include cash analysis and investment schedules
- Assisting the client manager with everyday trust and estate administration including responsibility for maintaining trust and estate clients’ reporting via the Trust Registration Service
- Drafting trust and estate tax returns
- Preparing inheritance tax computations for trust 10 year and exit charges
- Drafting personal tax returns
- Liaising with clients and HM Revenue & Customs.
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to work using own initiative and keep to deadlines
- Current working knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel
A willingness to develop technical knowledge by way of in-house training, external courses and studying for professional qualifications.
You must already hold AAT Level 3 to apply for this apprenticeship.
We will provide training for ATT and STEP Certificate. Following successful completion of these, you will have the opportunity to develop your legal, accounting and tax knowledge further by studying for the STEP Diploma in Trusts and Estates and become a full STEP member and Trust & Estate Practitioner (TEP), a worldwide professional qualification within the private client arena.
Things to consider
We have regular social events (when rules allow) and a great team ethos.
There is four weeks holiday and death in service and company pension to join, after a qualifying period.
The wages will depend upon experience and previous qualifications, so please note the wage range.
About the employer
Humphrey & Co
As a forward-thinking firm of Chartered Accountants and Tax Advisors we continue to evolve the business to incorporate the latest developments in accounting and taxation so that our clients benefit from our expertise in many specialist areas whilst receiving a personalised service. Our greatest asset is our highly experienced and dynamic team. Investing in the continued professional development of our staff is integral to the future of the firm and the comprehensive service we provide.
Employer's application instructions
To apply for the role please email a CV to email@example.com addressing it to Rita Ori. Please make you quote the apprenticeship that you are applying to.
EAST SUSSEX COLLEGE GROUP
- Katie Parris
- 030 300 39871
Training to be provided
- Apprenticeship Certificate (Pass or Distinction)
- Level 4 AAT Professional Diploma in Accounting
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English and Maths(equivalent to GCSE grade A-C or level 9-4) unless exempt.
You will be required to attend college, at the Eastbourne Campus, one day per week, term time only.
Professional accounting / taxation technician