Bank Support Worker
Bank Support Worker-Days and Nights
Do you want a role that offers the flexibility to work when you have availability? If you answered yes, then a Bank Support Worker role may be ideal for you.
Chailey Heritage Foundation is a pioneering charity providing education, care and transition planning for young people aged 3-25 with complex physical disabilities and health needs.
Our aim is to provide a stimulating and inclusive environment where all young people are given every opportunity to make progress towards fulfilment and develop life skills in preparation for adulthood.
We are currently recruiting for Bank Support Workers to assist on our residential homes on a flexible basis, both during the day and at night. You do not need to commit to a specific number of hours but you will be required to work on a regular basis where possible (minimum of 1 shift in a 3 month period).
At Chailey Heritage Foundation we believe that every child and young person, no matter what their disability should have every opportunity to pursue their fullest potential. Our Support Workers are vital in ensuring that these opportunities can be achieved.
We are seeking those that have a passion for supporting others and who share our passion for pursuing potential. It can be hard work, and requires commitment but it’s a hugely fulfilling job and can bring real joy.
The role of a Bank Support Worker
Working within a dedicated team you will be responsible for providing personalised support to children and young adults in our care. As a Bank Support Worker you will help us to provide our children and young adults with everything they need to improve their lives.
The duties are varied and no two days will be the same. Our young people are individuals and deserve to be treated as such. However, you can expect the following duties, supporting with all aspects of personal care and assisting with all medical needs, as well as helping our children and young people to take part in activities and events such as visits to leisure centres, colleges, music gigs and of course the pub!
We want you to flourish with us and as such we will offer you the guidance and support you will need to do so. You will be supported by a team of trained nurses, therapists and senior staff. We will also fund for you to study towards a qualification in health and social care.
What are we looking for?
- Basic knowledge of care: To care for our children and young people you will be expected to have a basic understanding of the care and support needs of people with physical disabilities and respecting them as individuals.
- A commitment to quality and providing the best support we can to the children and young people within our care.
- Showing dignity and respect to the young people and staff you will be working with.
What we offer
- Competitive Rates of Pay - Starting at £9.51 per hour for day shifts, and £10.70 per hour for night shifts, PLUS holiday pay for both.
- Flexibility to work when you have the availability to do so
- Career Development - Opportunity to work towards a funded qualification in Health and Social care
- Support & Guidance - You will be guided and supported by a team of dedicated trained staff
Strictly no Agencies
Chailey Heritage Foundation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young adults; as such an enhanced DBS disclosure is required.
Chailey Heritage Foundation is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to promoting diversity and inclusion for all its young people and staff. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.