Painting & Decorating Apprentice
- Weekly wage: £172.00
- Working week: Monday - Friday 07:30 - 4:30
- Total hours per week: 40.00
- Expected duration: 36 months
- Possible start date: 15 Nov 2021
- Apprenticeship level: Intermediate Level 2 (GCSE)
- Positions: 1 available
The successful applicant will be learning a wide range of the skills required in painting and decorating e.g.
• Preparing woodwork e.g. skirting, window frames, floors, doors, stairs
• Preparing walls, e.g. stripping wallpaper (using a steam stripper), filling holes and cracks and making sure surfaces are level, plastering and wallpapering.
• You will also learn masking up, cutting in, rolling, how to work out how much paint or wallpaper is required and the processes involved for different surfaces, e.g. wood metal, plaster, breeze block, render and pebbledash.
• Which sandpaper to use for which job, plus how to carry out extraction sanding
• Matching in different types of paint and the different techniques required when using different paints, e.g. solvent based, water based, emulsion and gloss and when to use rollers, pads or brushes
On all jobs you will need to keep your equipment clean and tidy and tidy up after the job is finished
PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) will be provided (you must provide your own boots). Initially the necessary tools will also be provided, however, long term you will need to provide your own.
Full training will be given
Requirements and prospects
• Able to work as part of a team
• Good time keeping
• Attention to detail
• Able to use initiative and common sense
• Able to provide a high quality finish
• Ability to work to deadlines and under pressure
• Respectful of people’s properties
• Willing to learn
• Physically fit
• Good personal hygiene
• Willing to see the job through
GCSE English & maths grade C / 4 or above (or equivalent qualifications) desirable
Potential permanent full-time employment on successful completion of the apprenticeship
Things to consider
The job could include some travelling and early starts e.g. London (you will be given a lift),
About the employer
Established in 1993, Everestmiles Decorating Contractors are a professional and highly regarded painting and decorating company based in Brighton and Hove. We provide an exceptional service throughout Sussex, Kent, Hampshire, Surrey and London
EAST SUSSEX COLLEGE GROUP
East Sussex College will provide the apprenticeship framework which will include NVQ/ Diploma, Functional Skills
East Sussex College will ensure Health & Safety, and Equality & Diversity.
Painter and decorator
Level 2 (GCSE)