Treasury Analyst: Virgin Atlantic
Salary: Competitive plus excellent benefits
Hours: 37.5hrs Mon-Fri
Location: The VHQ, Crawley (with flexible remote working)
Closing Date: Sunday, 31st October 2021
Many of our staff at Virgin work flexibly and in many different ways, different core hours or remote working. Please talk to us at your application or interview stage about the flexibility you need. We can't promise to give you exactly what you want, but we are happy to explore what's possible for the role.
In a nutshell
Virgin Atlantic is proudly flying, creating the same fabulous flight experience we’re famous for, and we’re busily laying the foundations for a profitable future. We know that the right people are key to creating success – so we’re looking for someone brilliant to join our Finance team and help us achieve our vision. Perhaps that’s you? We’d love to find out.
As our Treasury Analyst, you’ll be responsible for managing an effective and robust Back Office environment, which demonstrates effective auditable controls, segregation of duties and appropriate documentation in place to safeguard the company’s financial assets.
The role is responsible for assuring that controls around banking structures, systems, trade execution, letter of credit and settlement processes are fit for purpose and strictly controlled.
Day to day
As our Treasury Analyst, you will be responsible for the following day to day activities:
• Having a strong awareness of company cash position, covenants/thresholds and business activity
• Execution of accurate daily BAU banking operations, a close eye for detail and identifying continuous improvements/efficiencies to the process
• Ensuring an adequate audit trail is maintained for all payments and treasury systems, maintaining an error log and escalating exception reporting as appropriate and as required by policy
• Maintaining bank mandates and ensuring they are kept up to date
• Interacting with the cashbook team in terms of timely updates to user access requirements
• Monitoring banking activity to ensure TMS captures all transactions associated with Treasury Operations, FX deals, loans, investments. Ensure all transactions are within agreed limits and confirmed and settled on time
• Supporting and maintaining operational relationships with internal and external partners
• Provide support to Analyst, Treasury (Operations), line manager and wider team on project work as and when required
Are you extremely diligent with a close eye for detail?
In addition to the above, we are looking for our successful candidate to demonstrate the following:
• Strong organisational skills, taking an agile approach to carry out multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
• Comfortable adapting to new systems and technology
• Agile, with ability to carry out multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
• Analytical minded who thrives solving problems
• Ability to builds effective working relationships internally and externally
• Confident juggling multiple deadlines with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
If this sounds like you, and you would like to be on this exciting journey with us, we would love to hear from you!
Be yourself – Our differences make us stronger
Virgin Atlantic are committed equal opportunities employers and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible applicants regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy and maternity. Diversity brings strength which is why we strive to provide an inclusive environment where individuality is celebrated, and we can ignite the potential of our forward-thinking mix of people.
Please be aware as part of our recruitment process we may look to use a variety of resourcing tools to help us understand your skills and experience in relation to the role you have applied for. These may include application questions, video interviews or online testing. Please feel free to contact us at email@example.com if there are any reasonable adjustments to our process that you would like us to consider, for example use of hearing loops, sign language interpreter etc. Please don’t hesitate to reach out if there are any issues preventing you from being at your best during your application or assessment process. Any issues raised after your assessment is completed or once a decision has been made will be too late for us to consider within our process.
You'll be assessed against our values for a selection of your interview process, learn more about them here: Our Values