Complaints and Sustain Specialist
First Central have two vacancies available to join our Operations team as a Complaints and Sustain Specialist in either Salford Quays, Manchester or Haywards Heath, West Sussex!
You'll measurably improve the customer experience and ensure consistently fair customer outcomes by leading, championing and assessing improvement activity within the First Central Way framework (5 Core Tools, Sustain activity, Lean/Agile mindset etc.) and through advanced complaint handling, including analysis and synthesis of their root causes to drive further improvement.
- Ownership and assessment of ‘Sustain’ activity within Customer Claims to ensure consistent and effective application of 5 Core Tools (Standard Work, Visual Management, Team Hubs, Structured Problem Solving, Workplace Assessment). Specifically, this will include:
- Performing process confirmations within Customer Claims
- supporting and coaching others with their process confirmations
- reviewing and calibrating process confirmation activity, in order to improve the quality / accuracy and consistency across Customer Claims
- leading and supporting interventions to address any significant decline in TEM (Tools Embedding Measure) scores
- Comply with the requirements, and act in accordance with, the Group Code of Conduct and Fitness and Propriety policies at all times
- Ensure compliance with Company Policies, Values and guidelines and other relevant standards/ regulations at all times
- Supporting teams and Team Leaders with their improvement activity to deliver tangible benefits in response to issues and opportunities:
- identified by Customer Claims teams through MDI (Managing for Daily Improvement), 3C (Concern, Cause, Countermeasure) and SPS (Structured Problem Solving)
- arising from your observations of, or involvement in Sustain activity and complaints root cause analysis.
- Ownership of, and responsibility for, all informal complaints within Customer Claims, with a view to:
- performing root cause analysis in order to provide data and insight to Team Leaders to assist them in the coaching of teams and team members
- improving both the consistency and frequency with which informal complaints are logged
- improving the proportion of complaints that are resolved at FPOC (First Point of Contact), thereby reducing the number that are referred to Customer Relations as formal
- providing coaching, advice and support to Claims handlers and Team Leaders
Experience & knowledge
- Proven experience of improvement methods such as lean, Six Sigma, Systems Thinking
- Proven customer service experience
- Strong complaints handling expertise, preferably at an advanced level
- Understanding of an insurance claims process would be beneficial
Skills & Qualifications
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills using data gathering, analysis and sythesis
- Good coaching skills
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong influencing and leadership skills
- Customer focus – you will understand that designing value streams against customer purpose not only improves the customer experience, but reduces costs and improves colleague engagement
- Collaboration – you will need to work effectively with a wide variety of teams and departments, not simply those within Customer Claims e.g. Customer Relations, Operational Excellence, Performance, Programme etc.
- Confidence – you will be empowered to lead improvement activity and challenge others (regardless of role) where necessary, with arguments based on data and facts
- Growth mindset – you will be keen to learn in order to become more effective in your role and this will be demonstrated through your setting of your own, clear development objectives, as well as through your sharing your knowledge
- Adaptable – you will balance your workload effectively, with a high degree of autonomy, letting the results of your Sustain assessments and complaints analysis dictate the work that you undertake
- Experimentation – you will adopt and demonstrate an agile, adaptive mindset to trial solutions, test hypotheses and quickly implement improvements into BAU
- Systems thinker – you will assess process improvements within the context of the value stream and against wider system conditions that drive current performance
What can we do for you?
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we’re so passionate about our people. Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer…
- Fantastic training and development opportunities
- Employee benefit packages to suit your lifestyle
- Flexible working
- YOUday – we give you an extra day off to celebrate a special day
- The opportunity to take a paid day off each year to do charity work
- A health cash plan
- Help with travel expenses
- The opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Group life assurance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Professional subscription fees paid
Employee wellbeing is high on the agenda here too. We provide a weekly free fruit delivery, discounted membership at a local health club and access to an Employee Assistance Programme, which promotes physical and emotional wellbeing at work and at home. In addition, we provide wellbeing events throughout the year to support physical and mental health.
For further information on what we can offer and to learn more about this role, feel free to contact our dedicated Recruitment team.
If this job sounds like the role you're looking for, apply today!
Want to know what it’s really like to work at First Central? Take a look at our Glassdoor reviews.
More searches like this
- Business Telesales Permanent Full Time jobs in Haywards Heath
- Finance Telesales Permanent Full Time jobs in Haywards Heath
- Corporate Finance Telesales Permanent Full Time jobs in Haywards Heath
- Financial Services Telesales Permanent Full Time jobs in Haywards Heath
- Insurance Telesales Permanent Full Time jobs in Haywards Heath