Complex Fraud Investigator
We’re on the hunt for a talented Complex Fraud Investigator to join our Counter Fraud Services team in either Salford Quays, Manchester or Haywards Heath, West Sussex.
You'll will be reporting into our Technical Manger and Technical Lead and primarily managing and investigating a portfolio of claims within our Complex Fraud Team to include organised fraud rings, high value fraud and tackling professional enabler fraud.
You will support the Technical Manager and Technical Lead in the development of the CFS departments fraud strategies as well as supporting colleagues across the operational fraud teams continue to develop their technical skills and knowledge. In addition, you will support the continued development of fraud detection across the business.
- Handle a caseload of potential fraud risks within the CFS SLA’s, FCA regulations, and legislative and policy guidelines.
- Proactively seek positive outcomes that act as a deterrent to committing fraud against the business.
- Proactively seek the root cause of the fraud.
- Development of CFS strategies to proactively investigate potential fraud risks.
- Caseload to include desk-top handling, with direct interaction with policyholders, third parties and witnesses; extending to incorporate telephone-based interviews and written communications, and the appointment of external specialists to include investigators, law firms and motor engineers
- Liaising with external agencies, attend industry conferences and seminars
- Produce high quality written reports and advice for the business, to include recommendations.
- Responsible for daily workflow allocation: allocate incoming fraud risk referrals to appropriate team members based on current team resource and experience levels
- Help to manage the relationship with FCIM panel of service providers including law firms and investigators
- Provide advice and support to business areas and CFS with regard to potential fraud risks.
- Act as a mentor for Fraud Investigators and as a technical referral point.
- To process and authorise cheques on claims files as required and in accordance with authorities.
- To ensure claim files are reserved accurately and reserves amended where required
- Meet agreed fraud KPI’s and targets.
- Comply with the requirements, and act in accordance with, the Group Code of Conduct and Fitness and Propriety policies at all times
- Ensure compliance with Company Policies, Values and guidelines and other relevant standards/ regulations at all times.
- Any other reasonable duties
Experience & knowledge:
- Strong motor claims and policy experience.
- Proven track record in investigating fraud risks impacting on a motor insurer.
- Claims fraud investigation and management, to include organised motor fraud.
- Excellent knowledge of processes and tactics used to investigate and manage insurance fraud, and a solid understanding of relevant fraud related legislation.
- Excellent knowledge of FCA requirements (including TCF) and the regulatory framework relating to general insurance.
- Sound understanding of all aspects of motor insurance.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good time management and organisation skills
- Negotiation and influencing skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to adopt a logical approach to resolving problems.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Good numeracy and literacy skills.
- Computer literate, to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and the internet.
- Desktop fraud investigation, to include telephone interviews.
- Appointment and management of external fraud service providers.
- Excellent report production skills.
- Customer focused (internal customers & external).
- Passionate about reducing the business exposure to fraud risk.
- Takes initiative to make decisions.
- Emphasis on attention to detail and accuracy.
- Able to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Confident in presenting complex information in a clear and concise manner
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- An organised and proactive approach
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- A flexible approach and positive attitude
- Strives to drive business improvements to contribute to the success of the business
What can we do for you?
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we’re so passionate about our people. Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer…
- Fantastic training and development opportunities
- Employee benefit packages to suit your lifestyle
- Flexible working
- YOUday – we give you an extra day off to celebrate a special day
- The opportunity to take a paid day off each year to do charity work
- A health cash plan
- Help with travel expenses
- The opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Group life assurance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Professional subscription fees paid
Employee wellbeing is high on the agenda here too. We provide a weekly free fruit delivery, discounted membership at a local health club and access to an Employee Assistance Programme, which promotes physical and emotional wellbeing at work and at home. In addition, we provide wellbeing events throughout the year to support physical and mental health.