Manager - Service Design: Elekta
Manager - Service Design
Want to join a team with a mission to improve and save lives?
We continually look for motivated and skilled individuals who are interested in supporting our customers – healthcare professionals who use our products to help patients and their communities.
Description - The Service Design team aims to improve the customer experience by minimizing the time taken to go live; maximizing uptime; and minimizing lifecycle costs. It does this by ensuring systems are designed to be efficiently installed, maintained, and serviced:
- Work with Service Product Management to define the needs of the Installation and Service Teams
- Liaise closely with product engineers to ensure the needs are satisfied
- Ensure a smooth deployment of new and upgraded products to the field
- Work closely with product engineers to ensure designs achieve optimal through life costs
- Use Through Life Cost models to provide trade-off analyses and to support business cases
- Own the Design for Serviceability and Installability goals within Engineering and ensure their implementation as part of the product creation and maintenance process while accounting for the required trade-offs.
The manager is responsible for the functional management of the Service Design team across the product lines for the development of (MR) Linac Solutions devices. Responsibilities –
- Develop highly efficient team that can deliver value to the organization
- Develop capability and competences of resources including training, development and
- succession planning.
- Performance management
- Process compliance
- Cross-business line collaboration to optimize process
- Develop and maintain a Design for Serviceability roadmap including an efficient deployment of the roadmap across the programs
- Continuous improvement
- Recruitment and performance reviews
- Process compliance within the Service Design team
- Circles of excellence
- Drive a LEAN-Agile mindset within the team
- Communicate and ensure compliance with Elekta's Code of Conduct
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested by the Head of Service Design and Safety Engineering
- Responsibility for the approval of activities, processes, and documentation in accordance with the Elekta Ltd Quality Policy
Relevant Knowledge, skills and competencies –
- First or master's degree in an engineering, physics, or applicable technical/scientific discipline
- Experience of medical product development in a leadership position
- Experience in a product support organization for a medical device
- Awareness of associated processes such as serviceability, usability engineering and IT security
- Effective team building skills, organizational and staff development.
- Demonstrated aptitude for strategic thinking and the ability to implement through others
- Can demonstrate excellent results in a technical management position
- Proven ability in problem solving and strong negotiation skills
- Experience in managing customer/supplier relationships effectively
- Experience in maintaining a strong relationship with field service, manufacturing, and sales organizations
- Proven experience with leadership in an inter-cultural and international context
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written). Ability to speak and present publicly
- Flexible style ("do whatever it takes" approach)
- Strong in building and maintaining successful and effective working relationships with both direct reports, management peers and other colleagues within and outside of the group
- Personality based on strong ethical standard, values, and good judgement
- Availability for international travel as required
- Computer skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email, etc.