Lecturer - Computing & Digital Technologies
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join Greater Brighton Metropolitan College for lecturers with course leader responsibility in our Computing and Digital technologies department. These permanent posts will give the right candidate a rare opportunity to shape the curriculum in this fast-moving and dynamic subject sector.
Our varied courses in computing aim to give our students the appropriate in-demand skills to meet the needs of the local and national computing and digital industries job market.
There are two posts available, provisionally a 0.8 Lecturer and a 0.4 lecturer, however we are happy to consider job shares or divisions of the posts available in different combinations.
For this role, we will accept an initial approach via CV. Please send your CV to email@example.com. Please include the job title and reference number of the post for which you are interested in applying.
The post holder/s will be enthusiastic, committed, industry professionals with teaching experience who will be responsible for delivering various aspects of our courses across Levels 2 and 3.
If you have industry experience or are a qualified lecturer and can deliver outstanding lessons in all or some of the following subjects this could be the ideal position for you;
- Knowledge / familiarity / experience of Network Principles/Security, Network Systems and Architecture, cloud storage and collaboration tools
- Knowledge / familiarity / experience of Computer Hardware, IT technical support and Computer systems Architecture
- Knowledge / familiarity / experience of Information Technology Systems, Creating Systems to Manage Information, Big Data and Business Analytics, Cyber Security and Incident Management and IT Service Delivery and IT Project Management
- Ideally possess a good understanding of some or one of the following qualifications of Further Education: BTEC Extended Diploma in IT, OCR Cambridge Technical, OCR Diploma in IT Level 2
- Additional skills:
- Advantageous to be able to code e.g. C#, Python, CSS, HTML and Java Script
- Flexibility, responsiveness and vision are key attributes we look for in our team. The successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills to manage the specific individual needs of the students.