Church Families Worker
Position: Church Families Worker
Hours: (Part time) 18 hours per week
Reporting to: The Rector of St Peter’s Church, West Blatchington
Responsible for: Ministry to children & young people
Local Context and Job Function:
St Peter’s is a warm and friendly church situated between the sea and the south downs off the A27 on the outskirts of the city of Brighton and Hove. Despite the pandemic, the last 24 months has been an exciting time for us. Developing a new online-ministry alongside a growth in the number of people attending church has created an optimistic atmosphere within the life of the church. Worship on a Sunday morning at St Peter’s is focused around the Bible, Prayer, Holy Communion, our children’s work, singing and fellowship. Our monthly St. Peter’s@4 Family service is less-formal and aimed more specifically at families with children. The successful applicant will work closely with the Rector and Curate to reach, build and serve our children, young people and families with the Gospel. We look forward to meeting you soon!
• To encourage children and families to know, love and follow Jesus and grow as disciples in their worship and witness.
• To work alongside the clergy and PCC in implementing our Mission Action Plan.
• To lead and develop our work with children + young people on Sundays and at points during the week.
• To consider ways of being involved with the two supportive church schools in our parish.
• To build and develop our team of volunteers.
• To help foster spiritual growth, fellowship and service amongst our young people.
• To demonstrate a pastoral heart to the need of families in our parish.
• To oversee and regularly lead Bible teaching to children at St. Peter’s.
• To support and equip volunteers and parents to grow in discipleship to children.
• To coordinate children’s work in the church, which may include Sunday School, Youth groups, Holiday clubs and St. Peter’s @4.
• To meet with the Rector and Curate to pray and plan.
• To engage with parents and families in the congregation, especially those who are new to the Church.
• To work with the Church’s safeguarding officer to ensure compliance with our policy.
• A committed and prayerful Christian, who is seeking to grow in their walk with Jesus and is willing to abide by the doctrine of the Church of England.
• Passionate about sharing the Gospel with children and their families and able to relevantly teach from the Bible.
• Experience of organising teams of volunteers.
• Good organisational skills, together with creativity and flexibility.
• Good ability to network and build positive relationships with children & adults.
• Experience of work (paid or voluntary) with children.
• Self-motivated, with ability to work on own without too much supervision, yet also to be part of a team.
• Ability to recruit, train & supervise volunteers.
• Understanding and acceptance of issues regarding safeguarding.
The successful applicant will require an enhanced DBS disclosure.
To apply for this job click on the link or post your CV to:
24 Sandringham Drive
Apply for Church Families Worker
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly