Would you like to work for a modern, fresh thinking accountancy firm? Are you looking to expand your accounting knowledge with full support and guidance? If so, we are looking for Accounting and Business Support Assistants to join our fast growing and friendly team.
Working in the heart of Brighton, this is a fantastic opportunity for individuals looking to start their AAT qualification and develop their accounting career. We offer superb technical training and extensive opportunities alongside a competitive salary and benefits package.
About the role:
You will assist your team in providing efficient and effective accountancy services to a range of creative clients.
- Prepare accounts, corporation tax returns, VAT returns and self-assessment returns under supervision to the required standard to ensure files are prepared and documented with sufficient evidence for review
- Produce account analysis and control account reconciliation schedules for inclusion on the assignment file which agree to the financial statements as requested by the assignment Manager
- To treat client staff with respect and courtesy, and to practice the principles of excellent client service at all times.
- To ensure quality at all times
- Carry out duties assigned by the Manager efficiently, thoroughly and in accordance with the firm’s procedures
- Clear all review points raised on the work prior to files being passed to managers
- Train towards a recognised accountancy qualification (AAT)
- Recognise when information provided by the client is incomplete and inaccurate and take steps to rectify this
- Ensure that timescales and deadlines set down are achieved, seeking advice regarding the resolution of issues and problems as appropriate.
- You genuinely care about your clients, and you bust a gut to help them succeed… you genuinely care!
- You are enthusiastic
- You’re a team player who notice when colleagues need support and are there to offer it
- You are genuinely proactive, you take initiative and always look to exceed expectations
- You are confident. Clients look to us for guidance and leadership
- You take ownership, accountability, and responsibility. No blame, no excuses….you just get things done.
- You understand the value of daily incremental improvements.
- You represent the Numbers Studio professionally, legally and ethically
- You show up sharp to represent The Numbers Studio. You come across great on email, calls, Zoom, and in person.
- You keep to your word and follow through on what you say.
- Looking to start AAT qualification.
- Work experience gained in a client or customer facing environment
- A minimum of 5 GCSE’s at A-C grade, including a B in maths and English.