Financial Planning Controller: Virgin Atlantic
Financial Planning Controller
Hours: Monday - Friday 37.5hrs
Location: The VHQ, Crawley (hybrid, expectations in the office 2-3 days)
Closing Date: Sunday, 12 June 2022
Many of our staff at Virgin work flexibly and in many different ways, different core hours or remote working. Please talk to us at your application or interview stage about the flexibility you need. We can't promise to give you exactly what you want, but we are happy to explore what's possible for the role.
In a nutshell
As our Financial Planning Controller which aligns to the role of a Finance Business Partner you will provide financial leadership to the Leadership Team looking to continually improve the understanding of business performance and be a trusted advisor and facilitator of productive business & financial conversations by examining financial, commercial and operational performance through various lenses to offer recommendations to propose business solutions, and behavioural changes across the business to ensure we achieve our objectives.
This role also ensures the company assets are utilised to their potential by leading the production of robust financial appraisals for all the proposed financial investments, providing critical challenge, as to the allocation of costs quantification of future benefits, and alignment with the overall strategy of the Company.
Day to day
You will be responsible for the following activities:
• Act as a catalyst for change in driving forward initiatives critical to delivering the strategy with the commercial business unit
• Determining strategic business direction, aligning to financial strategies
• Playing a key leadership role in the formulation, implementation, and communication of business strategies
• Partnering divisional Directors /VPS across the Business
• Be a key driver in the decision-making process through communication of financial information and analysis
• Advises on key business planning assumptions trade offs and opportunities
• Gathers background knowledge and formulates strong questions in advance of key meetings with stakeholders and lead meeting to set expectations and drive decision making with financial outcomes
Are you a strong communicator, with the ability to influence decision making?
In addition to the above, we are looking for our successful candidate to demonstrate the following:
• ACA ACCA or CIMA qualified preferred (or finalist with relevant industry experience)
• Has significant experience providing regular finance support and reporting
• Ability/Desire to manage, and build on existing experience in leadership and to create effective supply of high value output
• Evidence of personally leading on and driving through business improvement through financial analysis /process improvement,
• Displays a high level of intellectual curiosity through questioning to grab the attention of business leaders to convey compelling financial stories that push change
• Previous experience in leading the development of financial cases for complex business strategies / projects
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, will be able to distil information into clear and simple messages
If this sounds like you, and you would like to be on this exciting journey with us, we would love to hear from you!
Be yourself – Our differences make us stronger
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do our colleagues. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and actively encourage applications from all backgrounds. At Virgin Atlantic we believe everyone can take on the world - no matter your age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disabilities, religion or beliefs. We celebrate difference, and everything that makes our colleagues unique, by upholding an inclusive environment in which we can all thrive. So that everyone at Virgin Atlantic can be themselves and know they belong.
To make your journey with us accessible, and individual to you, we encourage you to let us know if you’d like a little extra help with your application, or if you have any individual requirements at any stage along your recruitment journey. We are here to support you, so please reach out to our team, (Recruitment@fly.virgin.com) feeling confident that we’ve got your individual considerations covered.
You'll be assessed against our values for a selection of your interview process, learn more about them here: Our Values