Security Officer: Workrate
Workrate Security is recruiting Security Officers to join a security team deployed at one of its data centre contract locations in Crawley, Surrey with a very good rate of pay (£10.98/hr) and onsite parking for the right candidate..
The most important part of this role is operating and enforcing strict access control procedures in a high security environment. It requires the use of a computer-based access control system and a digital ticketing system that records security events. Full training will be provided for but please confirm that you have good basic computer skills to operate these systems. An on-site test will be conducted to ensure you do possess the skills required
Other responsibilities include:
- To be an ambassador for Workrate Security and our customer
- Providing a high level of customer service
- Working as part of a team
- Must present themselves in a courteous and presentable manner
- Security report writing
- Ensuring the safety and security of our clients’ buildings and assets
- The ability to carry out security duties as specified, including access control, patrols, monitoring CCTV etc
The successful candidates will have a smart appearance with exceptional communication & customer service skills. Previous experience in manned guarding in a corporate environment is essential. Experience within a data centre environment is preferred but not essential.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
We’re looking for people with:
- A checkable personal history including periods of education, employment, travel, and unemployment
- A frontline Security Industry Authority (SIA) Licence is required for the role.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, interacting both internally and externally
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to successfully manage a team
- Track record of working in a fast paced and demanding environment
What we can offer you:
- An excellent rate of pay
- Free onsite parking
- Work pattern is normally 4 on, 4 off days and nights
- Life assurance scheme
- Pension Scheme
- Access to an industry leading Employee Benefits Platform offering lifestyle savings and discounts on most high street retailers, a Reward and Recognition programme
- The opportunity to develop your security career with access to training and development programmes
- Employee Assistance Programme that provides a health and wellbeing support service
- As an employer of choice, we focus on wellbeing, training, and career progression
- Employee Referral Scheme of £250 for each new employee you refer who successfully completes 3 months’ probation
WORKRATE is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age.