AOG Stores & Logistics Officer: Aerfin
Title: AOG Stores & Logistics Officer
Reports to: Head of Orations - Airframe
Position: Full Time
AerFin Ltd is one of the fastest growing Aviation & Defense business in Europe specialising in aftermarket material solutions to airlines and MROs with quality used material to reduce maintenance costs whilst maintaining the quality and integrity of the aircraft you see flying today.
We offer a range of services from PBH contracts for airlines, 24/7 AOG support from both our London, US and Singapore based distribution centres, engine leasing, innovative material supply programs for MROs including our Beyond.Fleet.Services™ programme in conjunction with our strategic partners through to Technical consultancy projects to lessors and operators. AerFin also provide engine disassembly services for CFM and RR engines from our 100,000sqft UK based facility.
AerFin has experienced significant growth over the past 5 years and were awarded the 2018 Fast Track 200 Sunday Times award for the UK’s fastest growing exporter. Due to this growth, an exciting opportunity has emerged for the need to support the growing data demands of the business and how we can build products to help support the next phase of growth for the business.
Working within a small team reporting to the Head of Operations - Airframe, the AOG Stores & Logistics Officer will provide support to the Gatwick operation ensuring customer requests are fulfilled.
The role requires working a shift patterns which will include nights and weekends based on a 2 days, 2 nights on (12 hours shifts) and 4 off rota pattern
The postholder will be required to assist in providing cover during holidays and sickness absences of the other team members
Although primarily office based, occasional travel for liaison with airlines, external suppliers and customers may be required and accordingly the role requires good communication skills and ability to maintain key relationship. The role holder must have a current valid passport and driving licence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This position will involve the following duties:
- Dealing with customer requests for materials, sales & exchange enquiries
- Sourcing & ordering materials for customer demands out of hours.
- Meeting AOG deadlines to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Preparing orders for shipments to venders and customers
- Expediting deliveries with couriers
- Working under strict time constraints.
- Data entry on mainframe computer.
- Maintaining an organized filing system.
- Receiving materials into the company from suppliers.
- Quality control Inspection of materials received.
- Handling and storage of aeronautical parts including electro sensitive devices.
- Dealing with queries and reject parts
- Packing parts for dispatch either domestic or export
- Upkeep of shipping documentation
- Liaise with personnel in all other departments at all levels to ensure the smooth running of the company
- To carry out any other reasonable task as may be deemed appropriate from time to time
Education and/or Experience:
Educated to a minimum of GCSE level to include Maths and English
A practical interest in aviation and engineering.
Relevant experience in the aerospace industry ideally gained from working within a Stores or Logistics environment.
- Good communication skills and attention to detail. Ability to work using own initiative. Good organisational and working knowledge of Microsoft office Capable of presenting findings analysis of records concisely to other team members Able to work within a small team of highly motivated individuals in a fast moving entrepreneurial working environment.
- A working knowledge of the Quantum Inventory system Forklift licence Hazardous goods in transit certificate an advantage.