L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defence technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defence and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Aftermarket Business Manager
Job Location: UK – Crawley – West-Sussex
Job ID: IMS20220905-81915
About the role:
The Head of Aftermarket will have overall business manager responsibility and will be accountable for the execution and development of the aftermarket portfolio. A critical role who will be key part of the senior management team of training systems and the wider CAS leadership team.
The individual will lead a multi-disciplined team of project manager(s), bid manager(s), sale(s), engineer(s) and procurement(s) as well as having to develop relationships with wider resource managers where shared resources may be required.
This is a strategic impacting role to not only build confidence with customer regarding our delivery of our commitments but also develop an intimate understanding of their needs including offering the most optimized solutions from a technical, operational, and financial perspective.
Day to day responsibilities would include:
- Management of the Delivery Portfolio and Opportunity pipeline to ensure that business commitment and customer expectation are met.
- Management and development of technical solutions that improve the reliability and cost management.
- Development of enhanced services including people capability to become a trusted partner of our customers.
Knowledge, skills and qualifications:
- Business management skills including strategy development, finance, commercial and procurement awareness, and experience.
- Experience in supporting complex equipment and through life management concepts.
- Strong project management and negotiation skills.
- Aviation knowledge and experience
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Engineering background desirable
- Auto Enrolment pension scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Group Income Protection, Private Health Care and Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Discounts with cinemas, travel, major retailers, family days out and much more
- Hybrid working opportunities
- Staff car park
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Subsidised staff restaurant
Please note: L3Harris Commercial Aviation does not provide a visa sponsorship for this role. All candidates who wish to apply for this vacancy must have the right to work in the UK in order to be considered.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local laws