THE PENSIONS REGULATOR
Apprentice Internal Auditor – Assistant x 2
TPR Grade & Pay Group: R&O 14 – Assistant
Starting salary: £20,170 per annum, plus excellent benefits package
Contract : 24 month fixed term
Are you looking for an opportunity to join a diverse and vibrant organisation and learn about the world of assurance and internal audit? Would you like to obtain a professional qualification and gain insight and skills that will prepare you well for your future career? We’re looking for two internal audit apprentices, one to work within the Internal Audit (IA) team and the other to work in the Enterprise Assurance (EA) team.
The roles are to support the IA and EA Teams and TPR in accomplishing its objectives of bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes, while working towards the Internal Audit Level 4 Apprenticeship.
The role of Internal Audit is to:
- provide the Accounting Officer (which in our case is TPR’s Chief Executive Officer), its Board, and Executive Committee (ExCo), with an independent, objective evaluation of, and opinion on, the overall adequacy and effectiveness of the TPR’s framework of governance, risk management and control, in an economical, efficient and timely manner; and
- support TPR by providing proactive evaluation of management’s controls in respect of high risk initiatives.
The role of Enterprise Assurance is to:
- provide Senior Management, ExCo and ARAC with oversight and assurance that existing activities are planned, managed and tested in line with TPR’s risk framework to support the delivery of TPR’s strategy and objectives
- support TPR, by providing specialist advice where required, with the development of fit for purpose internal controls that are both effective at managing risk and consistent on the design and execution across TPR.
Throughout the apprenticeship you will work under the guidance of an Audit/Assurance Lead to support the delivery of planned work.
Regardless of the role, full training will be given for the role of an internal audit practitioner apprentice, which typically includes:
- supporting audit and/or assurance colleagues in the full audit/assurance cycle, this may include working with the business to understand the work they do, the processes they follow and reviewing these against agreed policy, processes and standards
- using data gathering practices to collect, analyse and interpret data
- producing business process maps, such as flow charts, to support internal audit/assurance engagements
- performing tests and analysis to evaluate the effectiveness of controls (i.e. do the controls protect TPR against potential risks, as identified by TPR, management or internal control functions);
- assisting management with co-ordination of audit/assurance engagements.
- responsibility for assigned areas of work and meeting training goals
- identifying vulnerabilities and exposures to risk
- communicating the results of audit/assurance work to audit/assurance management, either verbally or in the form of written draft reports
- supporting the administration and management of the TPR Centralised Actions Tracker (CAT) and monitoring compliance.
To apply please use role reference numbers:
- 131825 for Internal Audit Apprenticeship
- 131840 for Risk & Assurance Apprenticeship
- If you are interested in both roles please quote both reference numbers
As part of your application please provide us with:
- a copy of your CV
- a covering letter with details of how your skills and experience meet the role requirements and your notice period
- your answer to the following question – Why the role of Enterprise Assurance or Internal Audit is important within an organisation?
Closing date: 14 August 2022