WELFARE ASSISTANT & FIRST AIDER (STUDENT SERVICES)
Full or Part Time
NJC GRADE 5, points 7-8 - £20,444 - £20,852 (£17,456 - £17,804 pro rata)
Term Time Only plus INSET Days, 37 hours per week
Working hours are 8.00am – 4.00 pm (3.30pm on Friday) (unpaid 30 mins lunch)
Are you interested in working in the Student Services office at our school providing welfare, first aid and reception services for students?
The role will include:
- Administering first aid
- Preparing Individual Health Care Plans
- Reception duties to students and parents
- Taking telephone calls and messages and dealing with emails
- Assisting staff and students with general enquiries
- Liaising with parents on medical issues
- Stock control of first aid consumables
- Maintenance of medical information on the student database.
The successful applicant will either already have, or be willing to undertake training for, a full 3-day First Aid at Work qualification.
We can offer you:
- A friendly and supportive environment
- The opportunity to work with well-motivated students and supportive parents
- A location on the coast very close to main line railway services and road networks
- Free well-being and medical support cover
- The opportunity to be part of the South Downs Education Trust MAT
- Free use of our brand new fitness suite
If you feel you have the necessary skills for this position and would like further information, an application form and job description can be downloaded.
The vacancy will close when suitable appointments are made.
Interviews will be notified to shortlisted candidates.
Please note, because of the nature of this job, if you are successful in your application you will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service with barred list check. This will be done by means of applying for a DBS certificate through the Disclosure and Barring Service. Disclosures include details of cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions, spent or unspent. Clearance will be obtained before employment commences.
South Downs Education Trust (SDET) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- Worthing High School & Clapham and Patching C of E Primary school are part of SDET, which is an academy trust and a charitable company limited by guarantee and registered in England and Wales with company number 8276210. The Registered Office is at: South Farm Road, Worthing, West Sussex BN14 7AR
- We recognise continuous service from academy/non-academy schools