JOB VACANCY: ELECTRICAL DESIGN ENGINEER
Celebrating 35 years in the industry, Cova Security Gates are a leading designer and manufacturer of high-quality perimeter security products. Designed to be functional and reliable, we pride ourselves on delivering perimeter security products that protect people and places.
From our Gatwick based factory we deliver a full turnkey solution from design, manufacture to installation of our products, all around the world.
We are looking for an electrical design engineer to join our design team in delivering innovative solutions as new threats emerge. As a member of our design team, you will work with our clients to determine their requirements. You will produce bespoke electrical drawings in accordance with the latest legislation using the latest electrical control technologies available. You will be write PLC programs, and oversee factory testing of the overall product.
We will of course offer product familiarisation and training. After time you'll support other members of the Design team, and our field service engineers out on the road.
You'll actively be involved in our research and development for new innovative products we are looking to bring to market in 2023. From time to time, you will attend trade shows and seminars to learn about developments in the industry.
• Liaising with clients on email, phone and when necessary, attending meetings either remotely or in person on site
• Project managing the design, manufacture, programming and testing of electrical control systems
• Fault finding and prevention
• Keep up to date with relevant design standards and legislation
• Design of control systems
• Research, development and Implementation of new technologies
To meet the requirements, you must have:
• Minimum 4-5 years Electrical Design experience
• Minimum HND in Electrical Engineering
• Knowledge in using AutoCAD Electrical
• Knowledge in PLC Programming (LD Programming Language)
• Project Management skills
• Full UK Driving License
• HMI & MODBUS Protocol
• UPS System knowledge
• Variable Frequency Drive knowledge