ADMINISTRATION ASSISTANT – MAIN OFFICE
NJC GRADE 4, points 5-6 - £19,650 to £20,043 (£16,626 to £16,959 pro rata)
Term Time Only plus INSET Days, 37 hours per week
Working hours are 8.30am – 4.30 pm Monday to Thursday and 4pm on Friday (unpaid 30 mins lunch)
Are you an experienced administrator, interested in working in the busy Main Office at our school?
We are looking for someone who is flexible with a co-operative working style. Professional, friendly, patient and polite, with good interpersonal skills and an ability to deal with people at all levels. You will need to use your own initiative and have a 'can do' attitude, eye for detail, a customer service mind-set and excellent organisational skills. You will have excellent Microsoft Office skills, especially Word and Outlook. The role will include:
- General administration including photocopying, emailing, etc
- Using School comms email/text system to communicate with parents
- Adding and maintaining records on the student database and using the data to produce reports (training will be provided)
- Taking telephone calls and messages
- Assisting staff and students with general enquiries
- Reception duties to students and parents as required.
The successful applicant will either already have, or be willing to undertake training for, either a one day or 3-day First Aid at Work qualification. We can offer you:
- A friendly and supportive environment
- The opportunity to work with well-motivated students and supportive parents
- A location on the coast very close to main line railway services and road networks
- Free well-being and medical support cover
- The opportunity to be part of the South Downs Education Trust MAT
- Free use of our brand new fitness suite
If you feel you have the necessary skills for this position and would like further information, an application form and job description can be downloaded from the links provided on the school website at www.worthinghigh.net/vacancies or from the school by phoning 01903 237864. Further information about the school and details of how to apply can also be obtained from the school website.
The closing date for applications is 20 September 2022 at 9am; early applications are advised as we reserve the right to close the vacancy early if suitable applications are received.
Interviews will be held in the week commencing 26 September 2022.
Please note, because of the nature of this job, if you are successful in your application you will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service with barred list check. This will be done by means of applying for a DBS certificate through the Disclosure and Barring Service. Disclosures include details of cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions, spent or unspent. Clearance will be obtained before employment commences.
South Downs Education Trust (SDET) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- Worthing High School & Clapham and Patching C of E Primary school are part of SDET, which is an academy trust and a charitable company limited by guarantee and registered in England and Wales with company number 8276210. The Registered Office is at: South Farm Road, Worthing, West Sussex BN14 7AR
- We recognise continuous service from academy/non-academy schools