Business Development Manager
Atlas is a family of people drawn together by a passion for creating happiness in others.
Founded 35 years ago and still 100% owned by our founders, we are now one of the fastest-growing business support companies in the UK, providing cleaning, security, pest and other support services to a wide range of companies, from globally recognised brands to small local businesses. Our success is down to one thing; the passion and commitment of our 8,000 strong family, who together deliver happiness to over 4,000 client sites every single day. To ensure we remain focused on our purpose as we grow, we recruit first and foremost on our values so for those committed to living them alongside us, there is no better place to work.
You will be developing new business and account management of current clients, working with end users including private & public sector organisations. The role will support the Director by the management of continuous improvement, developing operational efficiencies for service delivery throughout the regional portfolio and encourage new opportunities and drive organic growth.
What you'll be doing
- Developing and managing continuous improvement across a portfolio of FM contracts in the Southern region
- Gathering intelligence, through research and business understanding and developing a pipeline with relevant and appropriate potential clients/customers.
- Prospecting for new clients
- Generating new leads and developing relationships with potential clients to secure additional services.
- Scheduling appointments, preparing and delivering presentations for and to the client, having researched their business and requirements.
- Maintaining customer relationships and ensuring custome Working as part of a team and closely with other departments within the organisation
- Coordinating the resources required to complete all pricing, tenders and submissions required by clients
- Developing long term growth plans for existing major clients.
All you need is
- A proven background in business development within the facilities management industry within the commercial or public sector
- Proven experience/knowledge of hard & soft facilities Management TFM
- A track record in strong presentational skills is essential
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Awareness of Facilities Management business industry and service delivery
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written and be able to cold call potential clients with confidence.
- Excellent organisational skills are essential
- Must be able to operate Microsoft Office and associated programs.
- Must hold a full clean driving licence.
What makes this job amazing?
- You'll have the ability to influence the happiness of thousands of people each day
- Company mobile phone and laptop provided
- For those who value and excel in transparent, high-intensity, and high-impact environments, there is significant opportunity for advancement Atlas continues to grow at pace which is both exciting and challenging
To create happiness in ourselves and others
We approach work and life with a sense of fun, optimism and belief, and strive to have a positive impact on the world around us. We show kindness and compassion to all those we meet, ensuring everyone is safe and healthy. We deliver on our promises and go the extra mile every day.
We are a family
Just like any other family, we laugh, cry, celebrate and commiserate together. We may come from many different backgrounds, but we’re always there when it really matters. Whether it’s with practical help and support, or simply a mug of tea and a shoulder to cry on.
Sharing makes us stronger
Knowledge is more powerful when its shared. Which is why we share everything - our ideas, our expertise, our news and most-of-all our time. Show humility. Share and work together, and anything is possible.
Own your space
You are Atlas. Don’t be afraid to make decisions. Use your time wisely and treat every pound as if it was coming from your own pocket.
Be honest. Always.
Have the courage to do the right thing, even when no-one is watching. Whether it’s owning up to a mistake, having a difficult conversation, or simply arguing a point you feel passionate about. Be yourself. Authenticity breeds trust. Trust brings happiness.
Treat clients like our best friends
If we’re a family, then our clients are our best friends. Friends who you can be completely open and honest with, because they trust you to put their interests first. We take the time to listen to what’s going on in our clients lives and pull out all the stops to make them feel happy.
Start with Wow
And never settle for less. Create time to focus on quality and prioritise long-term solutions over short-term fixes. Constantly seek opportunities to learn from others, and if something doesn’t make sense, shout. Always ask yourself if there is more we can do to bring happiness to those around us.
Don't just talk. Do.
We are a business that thrives on doing. The more we do, the more we succeed. Embrace change. Keep it simple. Keep meetings short. Plan just enough to succeed. And then get on with it.