L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Sales Manager- Digital and Data Aviation Services
Job Code: IMS20222508-89444
Job Location: UK - Crawley - West Sussex
L3Harris Commercial Aviation’s Digital and Data Services business provides outsourced flight data monitoring and analytic services and SaaS to aircraft operators worldwide. Using our flight data processing and analytics software we ensure that our customers achieve an improvement in flight safety and cost of operations.
We are the largest dedicated provider of flight data analysis services and our qualified and experienced flight safety specialists include the highest ratio of analysts to aircraft in the aviation industry.
We have investment-backed projects underway, to develop new SaaS services for our airline clients, which includes deploying additional cloud based capabilities as part of a Big Data platform; reaching into new domains, such as flight training.
About the role:
L3Harris Commercial Aviation Solutions operates an agile and rapidly evolving Digital and Data Services business, providing outsourced flight data monitoring, analytic services and SaaS to aircraft operators worldwide
We are seeking a Sales Manager to grow our existing flight data services business and to support the establishment, roll out and sale of a range of new SaaS solutions into the aviation domain.
The successful candidate will report to the Global Sales Director for Digital and Data and be responsible for the growth of our existing Flight Data Services business as well as playing a key part in supporting business growth across a range of new SaaS products, targeting airline and MRO clients.
The candidate will be pivotal in developing business strategy, identifying and qualifying new business opportunities and interfacing with customers to close contract orders and meet annual operating and growth plans.
Day to day responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
Accountability for Delivering Orders and Revenue
- Lead and own the campaign for the sale of our flight data analytics services, focusing primarily on European airlines, with adjacent activity in the MEASA region.
- Establish new, or develop existing relationships, with airlines or MRO operators
- Implement the tactical sales approach to achieve the business unit’s sales targets and strategic goals
- Providing commercial guidance to our customer support team, supporting them in the tactical approach to critical accounts and campaigns
- Take the sales lead in commercial negations with our customers
- Provide strong forecasting of revenue and market trends to allow the operational and sales leadership to plan effectively for delivery
Contributing to the Commercial aspects of our services offering and its position within the changing market
- Attain a thorough understanding of the competition and broader market, relative to our program offerings and strategic goals
- Support the activity to shape and evolve our products and services so that they remain competitive, with a key focus on the commercial aspects of the offering
- Work closely with our data science team and customer experience teams to explore, evaluate and implement changes to our products and services that enhance their appeal and profitability
Shape the Evolution of our Product and Services
- Work with our talented data analysts and data science team to identify ways to enhance and evolve our flight data services
- Providing commercial insight to internal teams and work streams on the value of new service and product ideas and concepts; play a key role in the customer validation exercise for new technology
Working closely with our Marketing Team to define the required upstream activity
- Organize participation in forums/conferences to further position us a thought leader for the aviation data domain
- Provide insight, direction and support to the Marketing team, to drive sales and awareness of our key customer drivers and interests
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications:
- Proven ability drive sales and articulate opportunities to the wider business
- Demonstrable experience either delivering or selling services into aviation or a background in SaaS sales or operating within data driven sales or safety environments.
- The ability to present credibly and negotiate at senior levels, both internally and externally
- The ability to quickly understand our products and services and the market context
- Focussed on Customer Service – must be able to demonstrate experience of delivering customer satisfaction
- Initiative – must be able to demonstrate a willingness to get things done and take responsibility
- Team Player – must be able to work well and cooperate with all stakeholders
- Flexibility – must be able to adapt to and take advantage of a growth environment.
- Ability and willingness to travel within Europe and MEASA, up to 25% of the time.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Degree level education
- Experience with SaaS and analytic technologies sales
- Sales or management level operational experience in data-based safety systems/services within aviation
- Background and relationships within airline and business aviation client base
- An understanding of commercial contracting and negotiations
- Experience in the definition, evolution or development of B2B service products is preferable
- Experience of working within or closely with operational delivery teams
- Auto Enrolment pension scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Group Income Protection, Private Health Care and Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Discounts with cinemas, travel, major retailers, family days out and much more
- Hybrid working opportunities
- Free parking
- Cycle to Work scheme
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.