Harwoods Group is an automotive retailer representing prestigious car Brands - Aston Martin, Audi, Bentley, BMW Service, Jaguar and Land Rover, MAN, McLaren, and most recent addition, Volvo. We have a total of 30 businesses providing sales, service and accident repair services across Sussex, Surrey, Kent and Hampshire.
Established since 1931, we are a successful and progressive third generation family owned business. In 2020 our turnover was over £600m and we now employ over 1000 valued members of staff. We rank #6 in the Sunday Times ‘Top Track 250’, which league tables the UK’s private companies with a turnover of <£650m and <5,000 staff.
Our vision is to ‘create memorable experiences’. In other words, we believe that our role is to ensure our valued customers are offered the best possible experience in their interactions with our company. We feel it is equally important that our staff are well supported and can deliver these experiences working as one cohesive team.
With 98% of staff scoring positively when asked ‘I am fully committed to doing my best for the company”, we are a safe bet for a job and a career!
The role of the Sales Executive is to:
- Sell the manufacturer range of new and used car products meeting agreed sales volumes.
- Follow precisely and consistently the manufacturer sales process including meeting enquiry management targets.
- Understanding of manufacturer mystery shopping criteria and ability to apply this knowledge when dealing with customers.
- Ensure the showroom, displays, customer information, sales activities, vehicle documentation and other relevant information is kept and maintained accurately and comprehensively to the required manufacturer standard.To include the availability of brochures and display of manufacturer vehicles.
- Using various sources, prospect for new and used car customers on a regular basis to create sales opportunities. Through the effective use of a follow up process, maintain regular contact with all new and existing customers to ensure relationships are maintained for potential (repeat) business.
- Actively convey the culture of putting customers first by means of TCF at all times.
- Maximise sales opportunities by offering finance solutions to customers, as well as adhering to the FCA guidelines at all times with regard to portraying financial information and regulated activities.
- Manage the preparation and handover of sold vehicles to customers ensuring that the customer is given a full briefing on the operation of the vehicle and its controls including introducing customers to the aftersales department.
- To participate in planning sales campaigns and promotions to maximise sales penetration and take part fully in on and off site promotions run by the department.
- Carry out accurate appraisals of all vehicles offered for part exchange.
- All Harwoods employees are expected to comply with/adhere to all Harwoods policies and procedures and any additional manufacturer requirements relevant to their role.
- Proof of Right to Work in the UK.
- Motor industry experience.
Skills & Knowledge
- Full UK driving licence.
- Smart appearance.
- Competency in numeracy, literacy and IT.
- Relevant product knowledge.
Harwoods has 5 key competencies which describe the behaviours expected of all employees. For this role we are looking for applicants who can demonstrate all of the competencies below at the level described:
Delivering Memorable Customer Service
Provides customer service which creates ‘memorable experiences’ through meeting and exceeding customer expectations.
High Performing Teams
Supports others to continuously improve performance. Seeks feedback on own performance, takes responsibility for own development & demonstrates Harwoods values.
Commercial and Operational Excellence
Understands the drivers of business performance and uses them to optimise commercial opportunities. Plans and manages processes, resources workflows efficiently.
Innovation & Improvement
Demonstrates openness to change and improvement. Proactively looks for more effective ways of doing things.
Knowledgeable of, aligned to and ambassador for the brand and adheres to brand standards.