HR Assistant (19 hours per week)
Location: Brighton - Moulsecoomb
Salary: £24,285 to £27,131 pro rata
Closing Date: Tuesday 06 December 2022
Interview Date: Wednesday 14 December 2022
Are you looking for a part-time (19 hours/week) HR administrative role in a busy team? If so, the role of HR Assistant in our recruitment team could be perfect for you. This friendly team carries out the recruitment administration for all roles across our university and its campuses.
As HR Assistant, you will be allocated specific departments/schools to support, and will:
• be the first point of contact for recruitment queries and provide initiative-taking advice to recruiting managers over their recruitment
• use our e-recruitment system for all aspects of your role
• check all recruitment information for accuracy
• respond to a range of queries from applicants
• advise managers and staff over immigration and right to work queries
• produce employment documentation on a timely basis, and ensure all necessary checks taken
• use our HR and Payroll database to set up new employees on a timely basis
You will need:
• to be personable and able to deal confidently with a range of queries
• experience in using a database
• broad administrative experience which includes working with a high degree of accuracy
• an understanding of good practice in the recruitment and selection of staff and ability to follow procedures
• the ability to plan and prioritise your workload, and to collaborate with colleagues to ensure an effective service
We offer a competitive salary with a generous pension contribution, an annual leave package with additional concessionary days over Christmas, and the University offers a range of training and development. We also offer a Cyclescheme and discounted sports membership which includes sports classes and gym access.
Refer to the job description and person specification for more information. Ideally, we are looking for someone to work over 4 days for this part-time role, but there is flexibility. An example working pattern could be Monday to Wednesday 9:00 - 14:00 and Thursday 9:00 - 13:00.
The closing date for applications is 6th December 2022. Interviews will take place on 14th December 2022.
The University is committed to an inclusive environment which embraces equality and diversity in our working, learning, research and teaching environment. We particularly encourage applicants from Minority Ethnic backgrounds because the university is underrepresented by Minority Ethnic staff.
Further information about working for us, as well as the wide range of benefits we offer, can be found in the working with us [brighton.ac.uk] section of our vacancies page.