Senior Software Engineer: Elekta
- Manor Royal Business District
- Crawley, West Sussex
- Closing date
- 15 Feb 2023
- Business, Healthcare, Technology, IT, Software Development
- Operations, Engineer
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Senior Software Engineer
Do you want to make a difference to people's lives in developing life-saving treatment solutions, and helping clinicians deliver personalized radiotherapy treatment care?
Elekta’s Precision Radiation Medicine is revolutionizing cancer care. Bringing together science, technology, and clinical intelligence, towards a future where everyone who needs it can benefit from precise and individually tailored radiotherapy treatments. We’re giving millions of patients the chance to live more moments that matter.
Bring your passion for software, technical expertise and join our talented team of Engineers in our QA solutions team as a Senior Software Engineer. You will be a key member developing AQUA - software platform that centralizes all the end-to-end machine quality assurance activities for radiation therapy at radiation oncology departments in hospitals and clinics. As part of the software team, you will deliver and collaborate with physicists, product and project managers, and verification & validation professionals, contributing to this product as part of larger software and hardware solutions.
To be successful in this role, you will bring your passion for problem solving, adopting pragmatic and a holistic approach. You can effectively communicate with different stakeholders and be an advocate in driving a quality mindset, within an agile environment.
The role includes an excellent benefits package with hybrid working based in Crawley near to Gatwick airport, in our purpose built modern and spacious UK office with good transport links via rail, bus, and car.
Apply with a CV using our web portal, it is a multi-phase interview.
- Effective problem-solving skills and critical thinking
- Willingness to challenge assumptions, view problems as opportunities for growth and improvement
- Technical team leadership experience
- OO design principles, data structures and database concepts
- Full stack development using Java
- Relational database: SQL
- Experience of CI/CD
- Understanding and experience of Agile
- Structured and professional approach to engineering
- Knowledge and understanding of software engineering disciplines, practices, and techniques
- Understanding and experience of the overall SDLC for application development
- Degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent experience
- Fluent in English with strong communication skills
- SAFe methodologies
- Full stack development using .NET platform (C#, .NET Core)
- Previous experience of Medical Devices (or other regulated/safety critical areas)
- Image processing knowledge / experience and understanding of DICOM standard
- Back end: Microservices, REST APIs, SQL, Rabbit MQ
- Front end: Angular
- Docker, Kubernetes
- Azure DevOps
- Domain Driven Design practices
- Asynchronous programming and event driven systems using Message queues
Manor Royal Business District is the biggest business park of the Gatwick Diamond area and one of the south east's premier mixed activity employment hubs.
Enviable location and connections
Situated at the heart of the Gatwick Diamond on the Sussex and Surrey county borders, just two miles from London Gatwick Airport, a major motorway junction (M23 Junctoion 10) and two mainline railway stations (Gatwick Airport and Three Bridges), Manor Royal is a popular choice for a diverse range of occupiers including a host of blue chip global brands.
Manor Royal in numbers
- One of the biggest business parks in the South East.
- Covers an area of 539 acres – that’s over 300 football pitches.
- 700 properties
- 500 businesses
- 30,000 people
Manor Royal more than a number
Since the formation of the Manor Royal Business Group (MRBG), an association of Manor Royal based business and firms, being on Manor Royal means being part of something. You’re never just a number.
Manor Royal makes sense
Scale, diversity, location and great connectivity with a property offer to match means Manor Royal based firms are never far away from their suppliers, customers and a talented workforce.
Pay us a visit
Visit www.manorroyal.org to find out more and to get in touch
- Manor Royal Business District
7 Magellan Terrace (Ground Floor)
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert