Logistics & Compliance Senior Specialist: L3 Harris
- Manor Royal Business District
- Crawley, West Sussex
- Closing date
- 17 Feb 2023
- Aviation, Aerospace Engineering , Defence, Aerospace, Security , Logistics, Technology
- Customer Service, Health & Safety , Sales, Supply Chain
- Contract Type
- Full Time
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Senior Specialist, Logistics & Compliance
Job Location: UK – Crawley- West Sussex
Job ID: IMS20231101-95592
About the role:
L3Harris Commercial Aviation are recruiting for an experienced Logistics professional to support and lead Logistics operations within Crawley, West Sussex. We are looking for someone who is experienced and use to working in a fast-paced logistics and supply chain management environment, specifically within the manufacturing field.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Planning and processing incoming and outgoing deliveries
- Enforcing industry laws and regulations and company policies
- Resolving complaints and issues regarding Logistics.
- Negotiating and managing contracts with couriers / forwarders
- Logistics lead for other sites operating outside the UK.
- Key contact for internal & external customers
- Driving continuous improvements for processes to improve the shipping experience.
- Manage KPI’s to the required standard
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications:
- Proven experience in a fast-paced logistics and supply chain management environment, specifically within the manufacturing field.
- Exceptional communications skills
- Customer focused and good problem solver
- Uses own initiative and has a proactive approach
- Good planning and coordinating skills
- Excellent organisation skills and can prioritise workloads successfully to work to tight deadlines
- Working knowledge of Health & Safety
- Proficiency in logistics and inventory management software /SAP
- A minimum of 6 years in a similar role
- Ability to work well with others
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Strong leadership skills
- Leadership an business management skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Auto Enrolment pension scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Group Income Protection, Private Health Care and Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Discounts with cinemas, travel, major retailers, family days out and much more
- Hybrid working opportunities
- Free parking (incl. electric vehicle charging stations)
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Subsidised staff restaurant
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
Manor Royal Business District is the biggest business park of the Gatwick Diamond area and one of the south east's premier mixed activity employment hubs.
Enviable location and connections
Situated at the heart of the Gatwick Diamond on the Sussex and Surrey county borders, just two miles from London Gatwick Airport, a major motorway junction (M23 Junctoion 10) and two mainline railway stations (Gatwick Airport and Three Bridges), Manor Royal is a popular choice for a diverse range of occupiers including a host of blue chip global brands.
Manor Royal in numbers
- One of the biggest business parks in the South East.
- Covers an area of 539 acres – that’s over 300 football pitches.
- 700 properties
- 500 businesses
- 30,000 people
Manor Royal more than a number
Since the formation of the Manor Royal Business Group (MRBG), an association of Manor Royal based business and firms, being on Manor Royal means being part of something. You’re never just a number.
Manor Royal makes sense
Scale, diversity, location and great connectivity with a property offer to match means Manor Royal based firms are never far away from their suppliers, customers and a talented workforce.
Pay us a visit
Visit www.manorroyal.org to find out more and to get in touch
- Manor Royal Business District
7 Magellan Terrace (Ground Floor)
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert