Senior Commercial Finance Analyst: L3 Harris
- Manor Royal Business District
- Crawley, West Sussex
- Closing date
- 10 Feb 2023
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Senior Commercial Finance Analyst
Job Code: IMS20221811-93684
Job Location: UK – Town - County
Please note: All candidates who wish to apply for this vacancy must have the right to work in the UK in order to be considered.
- Auto Enrolment pension scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Group Income Protection, Private Health Care and Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Discounts with cinemas, travel, major retailers, family days out and much more
- Hybrid working opportunities
- Free parking
- Subsidised staff restaurant
- Cycle to Work scheme
About the role:
To act as a finance business partner to support the Bids & Proposals team, in the environment of selling Full Flight Simulators, as well as Lower-Level Devices and Aftermarket support and updates. With expected growth in 2023, and increased demand within the market, this role will play a critical part in supporting the Sales and Bids & Proposals team successfully capitalise on this opportunity.
Day to day responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Partner with Sales on customer proposals.
- Support Business Development on new product business cases.
- Provide and coordinate relevant information for annual catalogue process.
- Develop annual contract escalation rates in conjunction with Contracts.
- Prepare, integrate and assure quality of all financial information included in customer bid review packages.
- Assist with preparation of approval documentation required for various levels.
- Coordinate collection of required information from other functional groups for inclusion in profitability analysis.
- Maintain and modify existing excel based financial model which includes but not limited to: sales, costs, cash flow and profitability.
- Coordinate the development and improvement of processes to ensure compliance with business requirements.
- Demonstrate strong understanding and effective communications of revenue, profitability, product and engineering costs drivers.
- Work closely with Engineering, Manufacturing and Program Management Office as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications:
- Education: Business related discipline such as Accounting or Finance degree
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA).
- 5+ years specific business experience (Aerospace/Manufacturing a plus).
- Ability to organise, work independently, work in teams and deliver projects & work on time.
- Self-starter with an in-depth knowledge of business analytics and modelling.
- Solid experience to lead/coordinate across functional groups and divisions.
- Proven Excel (macros a plus) and Power Point skills.
- Excellent analytical, written, verbal and organizational skills.
- Displays a continuous cadence of self-development and promoting a positive attitude.
- Proven ability to nurture effective partnerships by quickly building rapport with team members.
- Possess skills to negotiate cross functional teams with awareness of various personality types and work styles.
- Comfortable presenting to senior management
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Strong Excel analytical skills
- SAP Project systems & IBP (Integrated Business Planning)
Manor Royal Business District is the biggest business park of the Gatwick Diamond area and one of the south east's premier mixed activity employment hubs.
Enviable location and connections
Situated at the heart of the Gatwick Diamond on the Sussex and Surrey county borders, just two miles from London Gatwick Airport, a major motorway junction (M23 Junctoion 10) and two mainline railway stations (Gatwick Airport and Three Bridges), Manor Royal is a popular choice for a diverse range of occupiers including a host of blue chip global brands.
Manor Royal in numbers
- One of the biggest business parks in the South East.
- Covers an area of 539 acres – that’s over 300 football pitches.
- 700 properties
- 500 businesses
- 30,000 people
Manor Royal more than a number
Since the formation of the Manor Royal Business Group (MRBG), an association of Manor Royal based business and firms, being on Manor Royal means being part of something. You’re never just a number.
Manor Royal makes sense
Scale, diversity, location and great connectivity with a property offer to match means Manor Royal based firms are never far away from their suppliers, customers and a talented workforce.
Pay us a visit
Visit www.manorroyal.org to find out more and to get in touch
- Manor Royal Business District
7 Magellan Terrace (Ground Floor)
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert