HR Administrator: L3 Harris
- Manor Royal Business District
- Crawley, West Sussex
- Closing date
- 10 Feb 2023
- Business, Defence
- Administration , Customer Service, Human Resources
- Contract Type
- Contract, Fixed term
- Full Time
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: HR Administrator – 8 month Fixed Term contract
Job Code: IMS20221511-93473
Job Location: UK – Crawley – West Sussex
L3Harris Commercial Training Solutions play a key role on delivering the L3Harris Commercial Aviation Solutions mantra of ‘Creating Safer Skies’. From our computer-based solutions all the way to our state-of-the-art Full Flight Simulators (FFS), improving the training experiencing and creating safer skies is at the heart of everything we do. Our Fixed Training Devices (FTD) and FFS feature aircraft-specific flight decks, offering the form, fit, feel, and function of the actual aircraft.
About the role:
We are looking for a HR Administrator role to be part of a professional HR team, whose service includes all HR-related activity in the employee life cycle. This will encompass administration for the full generalist remit, including admin relating to attendance, contractual changes, HR System updates and responding to employee queries. This is a great opportunity for someone looking for a varied and exciting HR role. This role will be offered on an 8 month, 40 her per week, fixed term contract, based in our offices in Crawley (minimum of 3 days per week office based.
Day to day responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Being the first point of contact for all HR administration-related queries
- Assisting with the employee lifecycle:
- Preparing all new starter information including issuing offers of employment, contract of employment, creating new starter files, requesting references, ensuring that appropriate departments are notified and all relevant new starter information is complete and captured for payroll
- Ensuring that accurate records for starters are created and maintained, including electronic files and on all the HR and Payroll systems
- Ensuring references are collected for all new starters
- Maintaining spreadsheets with new starter details
- Providing support and guidance to new starters, including conducting inductions, distributing relevant documents and information
- Liaise with the managers about the probation period and making sure this is carried out within the specified timeframe.
- Recording of sickness in systems, medical certificates and ensuring required forms are completed
- Responding to SAP system queries such as holiday and absence
- Arranging occupational health surveillance appointments for employees.
- Maintaining various portals with employee information and liaising with third parties.
- Responding to reference requests
- Participating in continuous improvement initiatives where possible
- Ensuring data privacy, including compliance with relevant company rules and data protection legislation
- Processing all leavers including; acknowledging all resignations, calculating holidays, updating the Human Resource database and advising Payroll, IT, employees and managers
- Providing administrative support for temporary staff and the extension of short-term contracts
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications:
- Be able to maintain your own workload with minimal supervision
- Ability to communicate at all levels with the stakeholders in the company
- A friendly attitude with a passion for providing excellent customer service
- Self-motivated, confident and enthusiastic
- Analytical and innovative problem solver
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel (need to be highly proficient formula writing) and PowerPoint) and HRIS systems
- Have strong literacy skills
- Experience of analysing and disseminating data efficiently and effectively
- An absolute commitment to confidentiality, honesty and integrity
- Strong administration skills, ideally with previous HR experience
- Excellent interpersonal and customer-facing skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Flexibility and a willingness to learn
- Experience of designing and updating documentation when required
- The ability to work both individually and as part of a team
- The ability to work independently to a high standard of accuracy, with attention to detail and with a focus on continuous improvement
- Highly organised with the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Knowledge of SAP, People Soft and Chris21 desirable, but not essential
- CIPD qualified desirable, but not essential
- Auto Enrolment pension scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Group Income Protection, Private Health Care and Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Discounts with cinemas, travel, major retailers, family days out and much more
- Hybrid working opportunities
- Free parking
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Subsidised staff restaurant
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
Manor Royal Business District is the biggest business park of the Gatwick Diamond area and one of the south east's premier mixed activity employment hubs.
Enviable location and connections
Situated at the heart of the Gatwick Diamond on the Sussex and Surrey county borders, just two miles from London Gatwick Airport, a major motorway junction (M23 Junctoion 10) and two mainline railway stations (Gatwick Airport and Three Bridges), Manor Royal is a popular choice for a diverse range of occupiers including a host of blue chip global brands.
Manor Royal in numbers
- One of the biggest business parks in the South East.
- Covers an area of 539 acres – that’s over 300 football pitches.
- 700 properties
- 500 businesses
- 30,000 people
Manor Royal more than a number
Since the formation of the Manor Royal Business Group (MRBG), an association of Manor Royal based business and firms, being on Manor Royal means being part of something. You’re never just a number.
Manor Royal makes sense
Scale, diversity, location and great connectivity with a property offer to match means Manor Royal based firms are never far away from their suppliers, customers and a talented workforce.
Pay us a visit
Visit www.manorroyal.org to find out more and to get in touch
- Manor Royal Business District
7 Magellan Terrace (Ground Floor)
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert