SCIENCE TECHNICIAN - Worthing High School
- South Downs Education Trust
- Worthing, West Sussex
- NJC GRADE 4, points 5-6 - £21,575 - £21,968 (£8,215 - £8,364 pro rata)
- Closing date
- 17 Feb 2023
- Education, Secondary , Support
- Administration , Advisor, Health & Safety , Maintenance , Operations
- Contract Type
- Permanent, Contract
- Part Time
SCIENCE TECHNICIAN (To start as soon as possible)
NJC GRADE 4, points 5-6 - £21,575 - £21,968 (£8,215 - £8,364 pro rata)
Term Time Only plus INSET Days
16.5 hours per week – across 3 days
Current working hours are: 9.00 am – 3.00 pm – (unpaid lunch break of 30 minutes daily)
However flexible working hours can be discussed at interview
We are seeking an outstanding individual to fill the post of Science Technician to start as soon as possible. This important role involves assisting with the co-ordination of resources and facilities to meet the practical needs of the science curriculum.
The successful applicants will possess a strong knowledge of science and a genuine interest in the subject. Previous experience of working in a laboratory is desirable but more important is a willingness to learn and train on the job. Applicants should have effective communication skills and be self-confident in dealing with young people.
We can offer you:
- A friendly and supportive environment
- The opportunity to work with well-motivated students and supportive parents
- A location on the coast very close to main line railway services and road networks
- Free well-being and medical support cover
- The opportunity to be part of the South Downs Education Trust MAT
- Free use of our brand new fitness suite
If you feel you have the necessary skills for this position and would like further information, an application form and job description can be downloaded from the links provided on the school website at www.worthinghigh.net/vacancies or from the school by phoning 01903 237864. Further information about the school and details of how to apply can also be obtained from the school website.
Completed applications should be sent to Mr Panayiotou, Executive Headteacher, at the address above or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications is Friday 3 February at 9am. An early application is advised as we reserve the right to close the vacancy early if sufficient suitable applications are received.
Interviews will be notified to shortlisted candidates.
NOTE FOR RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: We prefer to hire people directly but we do have a preferred supplier list for when we need a helping hand. We will be in touch if we need you.
Please note, because of the nature of this job, if you are successful in your application you will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service with barred list check. This will be done by means of applying for a DBS certificate through the Disclosure and Barring Service. Disclosures include details of cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions, spent or unspent. Clearance will be obtained before employment commences.
South Downs Education Trust (SDET) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- Worthing High School & Clapham and Patching C of E Primary school are part of SDET, which is an academy trust and a charitable company limited by guarantee and registered in England and Wales with company number 8276210. The Registered Office is at: South Farm Road, Worthing, West Sussex BN14 7AR
- We recognise continuous service from academy/non-academy schools
South Downs Education Trust has been established to create a quality first education system, to provide world-class education and care, that allows every child and young person to reach their full potential, regardless of background.
The fundamental belief of South Downs Education Trust (SDET) is that our schools will work in partnership so that all children and young people receive an inspiring educational experience which is beyond their expectations and provides the foundation of a happy and purposeful life.
Schools that form part of SDET are:
Clapham and Patching C of E Primary
- 01903 237864
S Farm Rd,
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert