- Ski Safari
- Brighton, East Sussex
- £22,000 to £26,000 per year
- Closing date
- 14 Mar 2023
- Leisure & Tourism, Sports, Travel
- Administration , Advisor, Customer Service, Negotiator , Sales
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Does poor service annoy you?
You know when you’ve been waiting for ages on the phone to speak to a 'customer service adviser' and when you finally get through what you receive couldn't possibly be described as customer service? Does that grate? Do you think, the world really shouldn’t be like that?
Well so do we, you're in the right place!
We are absolutely passionate about providing first-class customer service and if you are too, we’d love to hear from you. If you also happen to like skiing or snowboarding, or spending time in the fresh air outdoors, then we’d definitely like to hear from you!
Ideally, you’ll have:
- A passion for skiing and/or snowboarding
- Confidence talking to customers on the phone
- Core computer skills, particularly Microsoft Office
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to work to deadlines
- A good eye for detail
- An upbeat, positive attitude
- Knowledge of the travel or ski industry would be a bonus
What’s the role?
A typical day as a Sales Consultant involves:
- Talking to customers about their ski holiday plans on the phone
- Offering advice on resorts, accommodation and exciting add-ons
- Pricing the holiday using our in-house system
- Booking key elements of the holiday with suppliers
- … then ideally taking customers’ money!
Talking about skiing holidays all day, what’s not to like?
There’s a bit more to it than that of course, you'll also load contracts, price offers for our website, deal with customer issues, help our operations and marketing teams and much more. We’re a small, close-knit team at Ski Safari and we help each other out across the business as required.
Who are Ski Safari?
We are an award-winning*, independent ski holiday company and we’ve become that by being totally focused on helping our customers have the absolute best ski or snowboarding holiday possible... for the past 25 years.
* We're particularly proud of our Ski Club of Great Britain Award for Best Ski Tour Operator, which we've won every year since the awards began in 2014, and is based on a rating out of 10 by UK skiers - not just a popularity vote!
What do we do?
We put together superb ski holidays to some of the most interesting and perhaps slightly more unusual (for UK skiers anyway) places to ski around the world - Canada and the US, Norway and Sweden, Japan and Switzerland.
And we like to add a little something extra too, so that our holidays are more than ‘just’ a ski holiday. You can see some examples by looking at our amazing ski safaris.
Where do we do this?
From our light and airy, modern warehouse offices just a stone’s throw from the beach in central Hove - if you step out of the front door and look right, you can see the sea!
It’s the ideal location for cycling to work, a swim at lunchtime or enjoying some fresh air with a walk along the seafront. There are also some fantastic pubs, cafes and restaurants just up the road, so it’s a great place for a good work-life balance.
The fine print
This is a full-time, office-based, permanent role working 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday 9 am-5:30 pm, with occasional 10 am-6:30 pm and weekend shifts during the winter season.
We’re offering a salary of £22,000 to £26,000 per year, depending on your experience and what you can bring to the company.
Aside from getting to talk about skiing all day, benefits of working for Ski Safari include:
- 20 days annual leave, increasing with length of service, plus bank holidays
- Overseas travel to experience our destinations first-hand
- Discounts on personal overseas travel to our destinations
- Performance-related bonus
- Company pension scheme
- Cyclescheme and Techscheme
- Regular socials including our annual company weekend
- Office treats including the Friday drinks fridge
Closing date is Tuesday 28 February.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
We’ve been tailor-making ski holidays since 1996, when our founders Richard and Samantha Rice first started Ski Safari. Back then, only a few UK companies were organising ski trips to North America but Richard and Sam were convinced that other Brits would love skiing in Canada as much as they did.
A friendly team of skiers and snowboarders, we’re lucky enough to love what we do. Between us, we’ve skied at every resort we offer, visited every property and sampled more than a few of the restaurants, bars and non-ski activities. We give meaningful advice and deliver a truly personal service that always puts you first.
- 01273 224060
St John's Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert