Propositions Innovation Manager: Virgin
- Manor Royal Business District
- Crawley, West Sussex
- Closing date
- 9 Feb 2023
Propositions Innovation Manager
Hours: Full Time
Location: Hybrid - VHQ Crawley, West Sussex (2 days /wk)
Closing Date: Thursday 9th February 2023
Many of our people at Virgin work flexibly and in many different ways, including part-time, different core hours or remote working. Please talk to us at your application or interview stage about the flexibility you need. We can't promise to give you exactly what you want, but we are happy to explore what's possible for the role.
In a nutshell
At Virgin Atlantic, our purpose is to ensure everyone can take on the world. Our vision is to be the most loved travel company. To achieve both, we’re harnessing our spirit of entrepreneurship and innovation to reimagine the world and create thoughtful experiences that feel brilliantly different at every opportunity.
Our people are game changers who see the world differently. Acting as a loud and proud voice for positive change for our people, places, and the planet, they’re not afraid to roll up their sleeves to take on the big things while never forgetting the importance of the small details. So, if you’re ready to take your career to new heights, read on.
Playing a key role within our brand team, you’ll be responsible for ‘thinking big’, by transforming our consumer-facing innovation and propositions pipeline. You’ll ideate, validate and implement industry-leading initiatives.
Day to day
Some of your key responsibilities as our Brand Propositions Manager will be:
• Maintaining a solid grasp of the brand and business strategy to challenge the status quo, taking a ‘what if’ approach to sophisticated problems and removing roadblocks to ensure success.
• Driving proposition innovation aligned to brand strategy.
• Partnering with multiple internal teams to deliver best-in-class launches that delight our customers and improve the offer for existing customers.
• Craft the proposition vision in a single-minded and insightful way and influence internal and external capabilities to make sure that it happens.
• Our DE&I and our sustainability programs are at the heart of the strategy for Virgin Atlantic. You will translate the initiatives currently in play into clear, compelling consumer-facing propositions.
Are you naturally curious and innovative?
Do you love to seek new opportunities that challenge the status-quo?
You might come from a Product Innovation Manager, Proposition Manager, Proposition Lead, Senior Proposition Executive role or similar.
In addition to the above, we’d love for our successful candidate to demonstrate the following:
• Experience in using consumer insights to create NPD and new propositions
• Strong analytical skills, strategic evaluation and proposition development
• Experience in a consumer and service led industry.
• Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Ability to break the mould with ideas and anticipate the future
• Collaborative and agile leadership skills – both across department peers and of a small team
• Influencing skills, with the ability to effectively work across all levels of the business
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• A customer-centric demeanour
• Evidence of working comfortably in a highly ambiguous environment
• Ambitious approach
If this sounds like you, and you would like to unlock your potential with us, we would love to hear from you!
Be yourself – Our differences make us stronger
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do our colleagues. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and actively encourage applications from all backgrounds. At Virgin Atlantic we believe everyone can take on the world - no matter your age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disabilities, religion, or beliefs. We celebrate difference, and everything that makes our colleagues unique, by upholding an inclusive environment in which we can all thrive. So that everyone at Virgin Atlantic can be themselves and know they belong.
To make your journey with us accessible, and individual to you, we encourage you to let us know if you’d like a little extra help with your application, or if you have any individual requirements at any stage along your recruitment journey. We are here to support you, so please reach out to our team, (Recruitment@fly.virgin.com) feeling confident that we’ve got your individual considerations covered.
You'll be assessed against our values for a selection of your interview process, learn more about them here: Our Values
Manor Royal Business District is the biggest business park of the Gatwick Diamond area and one of the south east's premier mixed activity employment hubs.
Enviable location and connections
Situated at the heart of the Gatwick Diamond on the Sussex and Surrey county borders, just two miles from London Gatwick Airport, a major motorway junction (M23 Junctoion 10) and two mainline railway stations (Gatwick Airport and Three Bridges), Manor Royal is a popular choice for a diverse range of occupiers including a host of blue chip global brands.
Manor Royal in numbers
- One of the biggest business parks in the South East.
- Covers an area of 539 acres – that’s over 300 football pitches.
- 700 properties
- 500 businesses
- 30,000 people
Manor Royal more than a number
Since the formation of the Manor Royal Business Group (MRBG), an association of Manor Royal based business and firms, being on Manor Royal means being part of something. You’re never just a number.
Manor Royal makes sense
Scale, diversity, location and great connectivity with a property offer to match means Manor Royal based firms are never far away from their suppliers, customers and a talented workforce.
Pay us a visit
Visit www.manorroyal.org to find out more and to get in touch
- Manor Royal Business District
7 Magellan Terrace (Ground Floor)
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert