Finance Analyst: CAE
- Manor Royal Business District
- Crawley, West Sussex
- Closing date
- 29 Mar 2023
Role and Responsibilities
With approximately 13,000 employees in more than 35 countries, CAE is a global leader in training for the civil aviation, defense and security, and healthcare markets.
We are looking for a Finance Analyst to join our global finance and reporting team as part of our civil aviation division in Gatwick. The position is full-time, permanent and provides flexibility to work from home for maximum three days a week.
In this position you will be working closely and specifically with two our European based entities and will be reporting out to our headquarter in Montreal. With the opportunity to develop in this role, you will also support on preparing management accounts and assist in month end and forecasting duties.
We are looking for a confident communicator who enjoys working in a fast-paced business environment with the ability to meet strict deadlines. In this position you will need to be open to learn about financial requirements of different countries while working with colleagues globally.
Purpose of the role
- As a member of the Europe & Africa regional financial accounting team you are responsible for participating in the provision of the complete and accurate external financial reporting requirements for the entire region on a timely basis, as well as successfully managing the banking transactions, expense claim process and, in general, the balance sheets for the entire region.
Key Job responsibilities
- Overall administration of the bank accounts
- Completion of all cashbook related journal entries
- Administration of non AP (accounts payable) bank transactions
- Completion of all bank reconciliations with responsibility for the overall reconciliation
- Administration the bank mandates in co-operation with the relevant banks and the CAE Treasury department
- Participate in producing cash flow forecasts
- Overall administration of the expense claim process
- Completion of all expense claim related journal entries
- Administration of the issue of credit cards
- Administration of Concur and/or other expense claim systems, including training staff in the region to use these tools correctly
- Ensure that staff expense claims are compliant with corporate policies and procedures
- Responsible for the prepayment accounts including journal postings and reconciliations
- Completion of the monthly inter-company confirmation process
- Completion of the Month End Packs (MEP)
- Completion of most balance sheet reconciliations
- Completion of VAT returns, ensuring compliance with the relevant legal filing requirements
- Participate in the preparation of corporation tax computations for all legal entities within the region
- Participate in the preparation of statutory accounts for all legal entities within the region
- Provide accurate and timely reports to the Financial Accountant (banking/expenses) and other members of management within the region as required.
Our ideal candidate:
- Is either part qualified or studying towards an accounting qualification with focus on external reporting (eg AAT, ACCA, ACA).
- Has a full understanding of financial accounting to trial balance
- Has advanced knowledge of VAT
- Can work successfully with multiple foreign currencies
- Flexibility to adapt role and tasks to changes in the business
- Has previous experience in investigation of nominal account ledgers and support in the resolution of queries
- Computer skills - advanced knowledge in the use of financial software applications (ERP), databases, spreadsheets and word processing
We offer a competitive benefit package to the successful candidate including but not limited to private healthcare cover, a medicash and pension plan, flexible working and flexible holiday policy, just to name a few.
Find out more about us here: www.cae.com
CAE thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those whose background and experience match the requirements of the role will be contacted.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At CAE, everyone is welcome to contribute to our success. With no exception.
As captured in our overarching value "One CAE", we’re proud to work as one passionate, boundaryless and inclusive team.
At CAE, all employees are welcome regardless of race, nationality, colour, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, neurodiversity or age.
The masculine form may be used in this job description solely for ease of reading, but refers to men, women and the gender diverse.
Manor Royal Business District is the biggest business park of the Gatwick Diamond area and one of the south east's premier mixed activity employment hubs.
Enviable location and connections
Situated at the heart of the Gatwick Diamond on the Sussex and Surrey county borders, just two miles from London Gatwick Airport, a major motorway junction (M23 Junctoion 10) and two mainline railway stations (Gatwick Airport and Three Bridges), Manor Royal is a popular choice for a diverse range of occupiers including a host of blue chip global brands.
Manor Royal in numbers
- One of the biggest business parks in the South East.
- Covers an area of 539 acres – that’s over 300 football pitches.
- 700 properties
- 500 businesses
- 30,000 people
Manor Royal more than a number
Since the formation of the Manor Royal Business Group (MRBG), an association of Manor Royal based business and firms, being on Manor Royal means being part of something. You’re never just a number.
Manor Royal makes sense
Scale, diversity, location and great connectivity with a property offer to match means Manor Royal based firms are never far away from their suppliers, customers and a talented workforce.
Pay us a visit
Visit www.manorroyal.org to find out more and to get in touch
- Manor Royal Business District
7 Magellan Terrace (Ground Floor)
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert