Third Party Claims Negotiator
- First Central
- Haywards Heath, West Sussex
- Up to £26,000 - Depending on Experience
- Closing date
- 12 Apr 2023
- Business, Finance, Financial Services, Insurance
- Administration , Call Centre, Customer Service, Financial , Negotiator , Operations, Sales, Solicitor, Student, Telesales
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Do you have motor insurance expertise within financial services and worked within a claims handling environment? We currently have an exciting opportunity for several Third Party Claims Negotiator's to join our Third Party team in Haywards Heath, West Sussex.
We can offer you:
- Hybrid working of 4 days from home and 1 day in the office after probation
- Generous basic salary of up to £26,000 – Depending on experience
- Clear Progression Matrix
- Fully supportive team throughout
- Fantastic company benefits
- £100 off your car insurance!
- A fun place to work
We operate a daily 7.5hrs shifts between the hours of 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday which we are open to flexibility and hybrid working of 1 day in the office
Your role as a Third Party Claims Negotiator is to proactively record and process claims in accordance with our principles and procedures, and to maintain files within our service standards. You’ll deal with allocated claims as quickly and efficiently as possible from outset to conclusion within FCA regulations, and legislative and policy guidelines.
So, if you fancy a new career in a fast-paced and dynamic workplace? This could be your lucky day!
- Proactively record, process and settle claims in accordance with our principles and procedures, and to maintain files within our service standards
- Ensure that all files are reserved accurately and promptly within our reserving philosophy
- Be personally responsible for ensuring the reserves fully reflect the level of damages on each file
- Process cheques on claims files as required and in accordance with your authorities
- Identify and champion potential fraudulent claims and action as per guidelines
- Ensure liability is agreed within existing case law and accident circumstances
- Effectively negotiate with customers, suppliers and all relevant third-party representatives
- Adhere to and consider all regulatory requirements at all times, including TCF, DPA, AML and Anti Bribery principles, and ensure all direct reports are compliant
- Comply with health and safety policies at all times
- Ensure compliance with company standards/regulations at all times
- Any other reasonable duties as required
- Previous experience working within financial services (Motor Insurance an advantage)
- Experience of handling motor claims (including reserving)
- Proven experience in liaising with insurers, claimants and/or defendants
- Understanding of liability, reserving, assessment, payments, different claimants and claimant representatives
- Good MS office skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Negotiation and influencing skills
- Good time management and organisation skills with the ability to prioritise work
- Problem-solving skills with the ability to adopt a logical approach to resolving problems
- Strong customer service skills
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Decision making and communication skills
- Commercial awareness
What can we do for you?
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we’re so passionate about our people. Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer…
- Fantastic training and development opportunities
- Employee benefit packages to suit your lifestyle
- Flexible working
- YOUday – we give you an extra day off to celebrate a special day
- The opportunity to take a paid day off each year to do charity work
- A health cash plan
- Help with travel expenses
- The opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Group life assurance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Professional subscription fees paid
Employee wellbeing is high on the agenda here too. We provide discounted membership at a local health club and access to an Employee Assistance Programme, which promotes physical and emotional wellbeing at work and at home. In addition, we provide wellbeing events throughout the year to support physical and mental health.
We’re First Central, an award-winning innovative insurance and technology organisation, delivering market-leading motor insurance, underwriting, distribution, finance, technology and legal services.
Our motor insurance broker, 1ST CENTRAL, is firmly established as a top 10 supplier on UK price comparison websites and has successfully built a customer base of over half a million. It strives to make buying car insurance a more accessible and effortless experience.
We recognise that our success is entirely down to our talented people, who we know are our biggest asset, and we’re always on the lookout for talented people to join our team. In return, we can offer you a great place to work and lots of fantastic benefits.
For more information, click below:
Gemini House, Mill Green Business Estate
Mill Green Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert