Customer Relations Executive
- First Central
- Haywards Heath, West Sussex
- Up to £23,000 - Depending on Experience
- Closing date
- 12 Apr 2023
- Business, Finance, Financial Services
- Administration , Call Centre, Customer Service, Financial , Graduate, Negotiator , Operations, Sales, Student
- Contract Type
- Full Time
We’re looking for a customer service expert to join our Complaints team as a Customer Relations Executive. The position is available in Haywards Heath, West Sussex and paying up to £23,000 - Depending on experience.
This is a Monday to Friday role 8:30am to 5pm with hybrid working available of 2 days in the office and 3 days from home after passing a probation period.
You’ll actively handle all complaints from the business and ensure that they’re resolved in a timely manner. As part of the role, you’ll administer the complaints handling process and support the department and business to minimise the number of complaints received, so experience in this area is key to the role.
- Recording, thorough investigation and resolving of customer complaints in a timely manner in line with company process and KPIs
- Communicate with policyholders by email, post, telephone and other non-voice contact, in a polite and professional manner
- Accountable for individual complaints across all areas and ensure progression to resolution, referring upwards to the Customer Relations Supervisor as required
- Liaise with the appropriate business areas when investigating and resolving complaints
- Act as a referral point for complaints from other areas of the business
- Provide feedback with regards to complaint outcomes, issues, trends and root causes, so it can be addressed with the business accordingly
- Make fair and reasonable decisions which are in line with department guidelines
- Handle complex complaints as necessary to ensure that targets are met
- Build relationships with all business areas
- Comply with health and safety policies, data protection rules and TCF philosophies at all times
- Ensure that all work is carried out to a high level of accuracy and ensure compliance with all company and other relevant standards/regulations at all times (including TCF)
- Support the implementation of the Customer Relations Strategy so that Customer Relations is not seen as only responding to complaints – working with other areas of the business as required
Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience of working in a customer service environment with experience in handling complaints
- Excellent track record in resolving customer expressions of dissatisfaction, balancing customer and company needs
- Experience of working within the motor insurance industry (Desirable)
- Good experience of making commercially aware but customer-focused decisions
- Some understanding of root cause analysis and sound knowledge of complaints handling
- Some knowledge of insurance products and personal lines insurance would be advantageous
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent customer services skills
- Problem-solving skills with the ability to translate problems and find resolutions
- Good organisational skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines at short notice
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Good IT and software skills, in particular with Excel and databases
What can we do for you?
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we’re so passionate about our people. Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer…
- Fantastic training and development opportunities
- Employee benefit packages to suit your lifestyle
- Flexible working
- YOUday – we give you an extra day off to celebrate a special day
- The opportunity to take a paid day off each year to do charity work
- A health cash plan
- Help with travel expenses
- The opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Group life assurance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Professional subscription fees paid
Employee wellbeing is high on the agenda here too. We provide discounted membership at a local health club and access to an Employee Assistance Programme, which promotes physical and emotional wellbeing at work and at home. In addition, we provide wellbeing events throughout the year to support physical and mental health.
We’re First Central, an award-winning innovative insurance and technology organisation, delivering market-leading motor insurance, underwriting, distribution, finance, technology and legal services.
Our motor insurance broker, 1ST CENTRAL, is firmly established as a top 10 supplier on UK price comparison websites and has successfully built a customer base of over half a million. It strives to make buying car insurance a more accessible and effortless experience.
We recognise that our success is entirely down to our talented people, who we know are our biggest asset, and we’re always on the lookout for talented people to join our team. In return, we can offer you a great place to work and lots of fantastic benefits.
For more information, click below:
Gemini House, Mill Green Business Estate
Mill Green Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert