Nursery Practitioner holding Level 3 in Early Years Childcare
Several positions are currently available:
Ø Full-time (37.5 to 41.25 hours per week, Monday to Friday)
Ø Part-time positions considered (please let us know how many hours per week you can work)
Ø Lunch cover role (11am-3pm, Monday to Friday)
If you join us you will receive a £500 joining bonus*
Here are some of the reasons we believe Young Sussex is a great place to be:
- Family-run business with staff well-being as a top priority
- Outstanding gradings in our most recent Ofsted Inspections
- Many long-standing staff with over 130 years of experience at Young Sussex, within the Management team alone, enabling a secure and knowledgeable environment
- Competitive salary reviewed annually
- Career progression is encouraged with many opportunities for growth across our three nurseries
- In-house and external training (including levels 3, 4, and 5 in childcare as well as paediatric first aid, child protection, and manual handling training)
- Christmas + Birthday gift voucher
- Team building including summer outing + staff Christmas party
- Long service bonuses (£200 to £800 given every 2 years)
- Increased holiday based on length of service (up to 33 days)
- Flexible nursery care for your child including half price rates
- Refer a friend scheme (£200 paid for each friend employed)
- 360 degree feedback for reviews and appraisals
Family-run for over 30 years, Young Sussex Nurseries provide a stimulating and nurturing place for children to learn, develop and have fun. We recognise that happy, skilled staff are fundamental to excellent care and so we do all that we can to support, train, and retain our staff. Young Sussex provides a professional, caring, and friendly environment with lots of opportunities for personal growth.
Personal Qualities We Look For In Candidates:
- Organisational skills
- Effective communication, both verbal and written
- The ability to work independently
- Experience of working in a team
You should be able to support the Room Leader by creating a stimulating and exciting environment in your room and have excellent knowledge of the Ofsted welfare requirements and Early Years Foundation Stage principles and practice.
The role will involve delivering learning opportunities that meet children's individual needs, in a safe and stimulating environment; assisting the team to plan, prepare and review activities; working in partnership with our parents, and implementing all the policies and procedures set out by the nursery (please request a full job description for more detailed information).
Young Sussex is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young children and people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
*Joining bonus subject to terms and conditions, please contact us for more information