Location: Lewes Leisure Centre
Hours: 30 Hours Per Week (Contracted)
Salary: 30 hpw - £16,299.90 per annum
Wave Leisure Trust Limited (Wave) is a Charity and Social Enterprise with a purpose of “Inspiring Active Lifestyles” and a Vision, “To be at the heart of the improvement of health and wellbeing within the Community”.
Formed in 2006, Wave is recognised as an award-winning Trust, managing fifteen leisure facilities and Newhaven Fort along with providing a vast range of activity programmes and outreach initiatives.
Supporting well over one million active customer visits on an annual basis, Wave ensures all surplus revenues generated from activities are reinvested back into the community in the form of facility developments and refurbishments, new programmes of activity or outreach initiatives.
As we emerge from the intense phase of the pandemic our ‘Build Back Better’ Strategy focuses on three key activity areas:
- The structure of the business focusing on core activities.
- To ensure recovery, greater resilience and future sustainability.
- In isolation or in partnership with public health partners to deliver positive health interventions.
The Post in Context
The key purpose of this post is to maintain constant surveillance of customers in the facility; acting immediately and appropriately to secure the safety of customers in the event of emergency. When necessary, you will provide emergency care and treatment as required until the arrival of emergency medical services.
The priorities of the Leisure Attendants are:
- To provide a friendly and efficient service to all customers.
- To pro-actively provide information to promote the Centre to the public at all times.
- To respond positively to customer enquiries.
- To clean all areas of the Centre including pool hall, changing rooms, toilets, showers, storeroom and drains to ensure exceptional standards of hygiene and cleanliness.
- To ensure that all users behave in an orderly manner at all times and take appropriate action should any member of the public misuse the facilities.
- To assist with the delivery of continuous improvement plans.
- To assist in the maintenance, use and updating of safety equipment and to ensure that the requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Act are properly adhered to.
- To be diligent about compliance with the Trust’s Health and Safety Policy.
- To take on relevant responsibilities during Emergency Procedures.
General Tasks – Wet Side
- To lifeguard and supervise the pool area, assist swimmers in difficulty, undertake any necessary life-saving operations and apply First Aid as needed.
- To supervise changing rooms, showers and associated areas.
- To make and record periodic checks on chemical levels of the pool water and report to a manager should it fail to meet the required standards.
- To ensure the day to day preparation of the pool facilities for swimming lessons, special water activities and private parties.
- To assist the OM in organising special water activities for children during the school holidays.
- To maintain a National Pool Lifeguard Qualification including attendance at staff training on a monthly basis.
General Tasks – Dry Side
- To ensure day to day preparation of facilities e.g. equipment set ups.
- To undertake coaching/supervision of courses and sessions as required.
- To carry out other duties as required. To adhere to Wave Leisure Trust’s policies and procedures.