Vacancy Name: Legal Counsel - Commercial
Vacancy No: VN1116
Employment Type: Full-Time
Primary Work Location: People's Partnership - HQ
We’re looking for a commercial Legal Counsel to join our in-house Legal Team to provide comprehensive, timely and pragmatic legal advice to the business. The role is focused primarily on providing the corporate Group with advice on commercial and corporate contracts, taking ownership and accountability for providing practical solutions that help drive the business forward.
The Legal Counsel will be responsible for drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial contracts and other legal documents, as well as providing ad hoc legal advice and support to key stakeholders, projects and department activities, ensuring that the Group’s interests are protected.
To be successful in this role you will be a qualified lawyer with demonstrable experience in providing legal advice on general commercial matters and able to work both autonomously and as part of a team. The ideal candidate will also be able to advise in a secondary area of law e.g. procurement, investment, litigation and/or data protection law.
This is a hybrid working role which will require you to be in the office for 1 day a week. The role is full-time, but part-time or flexible working will be considered. Enjoy a work/life balance with us.
Duties and responsibilities
• A subject matter expert in commercial law providing comprehensive, pragmatic and timely legal advice and guidance to the business, management and staff on legal issues affecting them
• Identifying, managing and mitigating legal risks, including disputes and litigation
• Drafting, reviewing and negotiating documents with third parties
• Monitoring the impact of regulatory frameworks and other relevant legislation affecting the business in its commercial activities and ensuring business areas understand and are prepared to deal with any potential impacts
• Contributing to the development of new and existing template documents and precedents, ensuring they reflect the business’ risk appetite and are in line with current legislation and best practice
• Working closely with key stakeholders to develop processes and procedures in line with the Legal Team’s cross-business focus
We expect applicants to have an excellent standard of both oral and written communication, with proven ability to work with and manage internal and external stakeholders. They should also be able to demonstrate strong attention to detail and have excellent analytical skills.
Our people are our strength so finding ways to value and reward them is important to us. That’s why we offer an award-winning pension – it’s what we’re good at – plus health care cover, an onsite gym, access to a personal trainer; even the odd massage. And if they’re feeling peckish after all that activity, they can always refuel in our subsidised restaurant. Discover more of People's Partnership's employee benefits including our training programme, which is designed to give our people the support they need to develop a fulfilling career.
Please note any offer of employment is subject to satisfactory pre-employment screening checks. These consist of right to work check, 5 year referencing including GAP verification, DBS & Credit check.