Job Title: Junior Sales Associate - 12 month Fixed Term Contract
Job Code: IMS20231506-102598
Job Location: UK - Crawley - West Sussex
Job Schedule: Monday – Friday
We can offer you flexible working practices and a hybrid working pattern, with time in our offices and your home, to enable a good work-life balance. This role is hybrid with 3 days per week on-site at our Crawley or Whitley office.
About the role:
L3Harris Commercial Aviation operates an agile and rapidly evolving Digital and Data Services business, providing outsourced flight data monitoring, analytic services to aircraft operators worldwide.
We are seeking a Junior Sales Associate to help grow our existing flight data recorder (‘black box’) aftermarket services sales team. You will report to the Sales Manager for Digital and Data and be responsible for selling readout-checking services to existing recorder operators; targeting airline and MRO clients. You will establish contact with airline and MRO engineering departments to propose and sell our services. Phone and Teams/Zoom based selling, delivering orders and revenue, submit quotes based on pre-defined templates and pricing parameters and follow up, provide forecasting of revenue and market trends to allow the operational and sales leadership to plan effectively for delivery and keep track of all proposals and pursuits using our CRM tool
The candidate will be pivotal in identifying and pursuing new business opportunities and interfacing with customers to submit proposals close contract orders in line with our growth plans.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Organise customer demonstrations of our services with our technical team, if required.
- Negotiate with customers on pricing and payment terms, within defined limits
- Follow up and secure Purchase Orders and hand over to the finance and delivery teams
- Provide customers with the relevant start-up material and documents to enable them to use the services.
- Shape the Evolution of our Product and Services
- Provide our talented data analysts and data science team with customer feedback that can enhance and evolve our flight data services
- Work closely with our Marketing Team to define the required upstream activity
What Essential skills you will need:
- Minimum of 1 years of prior B2B sales or B2B customer facing experience.
- Proven ability drive sales and seek out opportunities and customer contacts
- Demonstrates experience of delivering customer satisfaction
- Demonstrates a willingness to get things done and take responsibility
What else could be helpful to be successful in this role:
- Demonstrable experience either delivering or selling services into aviation.
- Background and relationships within airline and business aviation client base
- Sales operational experience in data-based safety systems/services within aviation
- A basic understanding of commercial contracting and negotiations
- Experience of working within or closely with operational delivery teams
What we can offer you
- Pension matched contributions up to 7%
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays & additional days for length of service
- Employee Assistance Programme including access to individual Mental Health & Wellbeing support system 24/7
- Group Income Protection
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Assurance 4 x base salary
- Referral Bonus Scheme
- Digital GP
- Holiday Scheme – Buy & Sell up to 5 days holiday
- Discounts with cinemas, travel, major retailers, family days out and much more
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. It is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job title. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the role. The employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organisation.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.