Project Sourcing Manager – Programs, R2023-XXXX
We don’t just build technology. We build hope.
Here at Elekta, you will make a difference. Our growing software development engineering team has opportunities in development and testing of new and existing products. Our product teams thrive in a scaled, agile environment. Architects, product owners, designers and developers collaborate closely to rethink and reimagine, and we need your expertise to create software that is simple, elegant, and easy to use. We want to make sure that physicians spend their time fighting cancer, not software.
What you’ll do at Elekta
Elekta Group operates a centralized category and business-driven procurement function operation across four main direct material countries that are situated in UK, Netherlands, Sweden, and China. The Procurement function is structured as a matrix organization with a centralized leadership for direct purchasing, purchasing/supplier development & quality, process & systems, and local management in each of the regions for direct material. The purpose of the role is in support of Elekta’s various product programs in the sourcing and onboarding of Suppliers of various products and services, ensuring time-to-market and continuity of supply throughout their lifecycle (from prototype to mass production), all whilst being aligned with long term product roadmap and Category / Domain strategies.
The right stuff
- Secure the execution of Sourcing responsibilities for various projects and programs.
- Drive Sourcing requirements for project time plans & participate in creation of BOM.
- Represent Procurement during the R&D phase to Identify & mitigate design consequences and how this affects supply chain optimization during full product life-cycle.
- Represent Supply Chain Management during technical and engineering decision making to ensure objectives and requirements of SCM are considered and met during Product Creation Process projects.
- Interface with the Product Creation Process project teams and produce plans and activities that support product introduction at the right time, at the right cost and the right quality.
- Project Resource Planning skills.
- Ensure that needed Sourcing resources are secured. Discuss, secure & escalate support with concerned managers.
- Create, maintain and communicate the Sourcing time plan.
- Plan and execute supplier selections according to project plans and the supplier selection process (Project Sourcing kickoff –> Supplier selection meeting). Negotiate, prepare and present business case in Sourcing Forum.
- Optimize quality, total cost and delivery time in the selection & management of suppliers within Projects.
- Anchor supplier selections with NPI, Procurement Management, SD&Q and cross-functional stakeholders.
- Ensure robust supply agreements, open-book and competitive tendering with existing and new suppliers for the project.
- Manage the supplier interface during the industrialization of new product to ensure early supplier involvement and to meet Elekta targets.
What you bring
- BA required, other graduate degrees potentially acceptable and/or PMP certification.
- 5+ years of relevant Procurement / Purchasing experience ideally for direct materials and within a mech-tronic or medical device-based manufacturing environment.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of sourcing strategy deployment, and the ability to create business cases.
- Excellent negotiation and supplier management skills.
- Ability to Lead RFP /RFQ activities.
- Experience with contract management and awareness and understanding of contractual law.
- Strong organisation and communication skills with the ability to liaise with personnel/ clientele/ suppliers and key stakeholders at all levels.
- Confident negotiator at a senior level. Experience having managed a complex global supply base is desirable.
- Well-developed IT and data analytical skills.
- Previous experience of working with purchasing systems.
- Fluent in language applicable to site location and English. Other languages advantageous, but not essential.
- Passion for reducing costs – exhibits high energy and the enthusiasm to establish new approaches to sourcing. Ability to personality challenge the status quo / as-is processes.
- Able to work in a dual reporting matrix environment and work independently.
- Demonstrable record of delivering stretching targets and successfully managing concurrent projects and tasks.
- Promote a dynamic, empowered, and open work environment, integrating the Elekta Values throughout the function.
What you’ll get
In this role, you will work for a higher purpose; hope for everyone dealing with cancer, and for everyone regardless of where in the world, to have access to the best cancer care. In addition to this, Elekta offers a range of benefits.
- Group Income Protection
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dependants’ Pension
- Introduction Bonus Scheme Policy
- Holiday Purchase
- Cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Overtime Policy
- Childcare Vouchers
- Life Assurance
- Long Service Awards
- Retirement policy
We are looking forward to hearing from you! Apply by submitting your application and résumé in English, via the “Apply” button. Please note that we do not accept applications by e-mail. Last day for applying is 29th of September.
Your Elekta contact
For questions, please contact the responsible Talent Acquisition Partner, Emma Johansson at email@example.com. We do not accept applications through e-mail.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
As a leader in precision radiation therapy, Elekta is committed to ensuring every patient has access to the best cancer care possible. Elekta is a proud innovator and supplier of equipment and software used to improve, prolong, and save the lives of people with cancer and brain disorders. More than 6,000 hospitals worldwide rely on Elekta technology. We openly collaborate with customers to advance sustainable, outcome-driven, and cost-efficient solutions to meet evolving patient needs, improve lives and bring hope to everyone dealing with cancer. To us, it's personal, and our global team of 4,700 employees combine passion, science, and imagination to profoundly change cancer care. We don’t just build technology, we build hope.
Elekta is headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden, with presence in more than 120 countries and listed on Nasdaq Stockholm. For more information, visit elekta.com or follow @Elekta on Twitter and on LinkedIn.