Working Capital Analyst
Hours: 37.5 per week, Mon - Fri
Location: Crawley, West Sussex - three days per week
Contract: 16 month fixed term contract
In a nutshell
At Virgin Atlantic Airways, we believe that everyone can take on the world, and it's our vision to become the most loved travel company. As we embark on this next exciting stage of our journey, we're harnessing our spirit of entrepreneurship and innovation to challenge the status quo.
It's in our DNA to lead the way with fresh ideas. Bringing new approaches to the industry and remaining a loud and proud voice for positive change - be it on issues of sustainability, people or our communities. So, if you're ready to take your career to new heights, read on.
Our Working Capital Analyst's work in our Query Management, and Transactional Processing Teams. Responsible for the invoice processing cycle, ensuring that it is efficient in its delivery whilst effectively raising issues in the process and resolving queries within the Working Capital function.
This role covers Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Expenses invoices, and works closely alongside each Team to deliver an efficient service to our internal and external partners.
Constantly seeking simplicity in our processes, and problem solve repeat issues and assist in the delivery of improvements that future proof the team, delivering economies of scale and ultimately support in achieving a reduced cost per invoice for the VAA business.
Day to day
- Ensure complex and difficult process issues are resolved and procedurally documented whilst implementing change to reduce process complexity
- Act as a key point of contact for issues both from suppliers and the wider business
- Review existing processes within the function; striving for improvements to optimise efficiencies and streamline activities
- Support the Offshore team by delivering training and coaching to maintain standard of service and quality of output, ensuring that ongoing procedural changes are implemented in a timely manner
- Responsible for managing groups of external partners, building and maintaining internal relationships to ensure efficient and effective service delivery
Do you thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment?
In addition to the above, we are looking for our successful candidate to demonstrate the following:
- Knowledge of core systems used within Working Capital and Finance, preferably Oracle, Ultramain, Clearing Houses and TBX
- Good level of understanding of how P2P and O2C processes work
- Capable of working simultaneously on more than one task
- Numerical and methodical approach with high attention to detail
- Effective communication skills - both spoken & written
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate closely with staff at all levels
- Good IT skills, proficient in Microsoft Office software, in particular, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to problem-solve complex process issues
- Experience in process automation improvement activities desirable
If this sounds like you, and you would like to be on this exciting journey with us, we would love to hear from you!
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do our colleagues. That's why we're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and actively encourage applications from all backgrounds. At Virgin Atlantic, we believe everyone can take on the world - no matter your age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disabilities, religion, or beliefs. We celebrate difference and everything that makes our colleagues unique by upholding an inclusive environment in which we can all thrive. So that everyone at Virgin Atlantic can be themselves and know they belong.
To make your journey with us accessible and individual to you, we encourage you to let us know if you'd like a little extra help with your application, or if you have any individual requirements at any stage along your recruitment journey. We are here to support you, so please reach out to our team, (email@example.com) feeling confident that we've got your individual considerations covered.