We’re First Central Insurance & Technology Group (First Central for short), an innovative, market-leading insurance company. We protect the things customers love so they can get on with what matters to them in life.
Data drives us. It fuels our outstanding distribution, finance, technology and legal services. Our underwriting skills built on data expertise; it creates the insights we need to give the right cover to the right customers at the right price. But, it’s the people inside and outside our business that power us. They make us stand out, help us succeed. We’re ambitious. We’re growing. We’ve won awards.
Do you enjoy letting your inner Sherlock Holmes loose, investigating issues and asking questions? Love nothing more than mixing up the work you do in your week? If you're results orientated, have a keen eye for detail and a customer service background, don't stop here...keep reading!
We’re growing and 2023 is already another bumper year. We’re looking for 10 new colleagues to join us, starting on Monday 13th November 2023. Working in our Policy Analysis team as a Policy Review Specialist, you’ll be based in our Haywards Heath, West Sussex office.
So, what does the Policy Analysis team do we hear you asking? They’re responsible for checking policy information to make sure customers have the right cover at the right price. As a Policy Review Specialist you’ll be busy. On the phones and through admin you’ll help customers through a journey to confirm all their details are right and there are no gaps.
Whether you're new to the insurance world or are already experience, you'll learn everything you ever wanted to know about insurance in our comprehensive 4-week training induction. It's a jam-packed package: two weeks' classroom training and two weeks in the team, shadowing colleagues and supporting them. And, this could just be the beginning of your exciting First Central career And, this could just be the beginning of your exciting First Central career. We'll give you a roadmap so you can see where you could go after starting in our Policy Review department. You won't be disappointed.
Sound good so far? Here’s what can we offer you:
- Starting salary of £21,945
- Increase in salary after you’ve passed probation and further development in line with our progression matrix
- Monday to Friday working, hours from 8:30am to 5pm
- Three days a week working from home once you’re trained and you’ve passed probation
- 25 days holiday, plus 8 flexible bank holidays so you can choose which festivals you observe
- It’s all about YOUday: how will you spend your extra day’s leave?
- We run a performance-based bonus scheme every year
- Our pension scheme’s generous (it’s never too early to start…)
- Simply Health Cash plan. Reclaim the cost of your eye tests, dental, physiotherapy and more
- Perkbox: enjoy discounts including supermarket savings, cheap days out or money off a holiday
- All the training and coaching you’ll need to be a star in your role
- Our business is ambitious; we’re thriving. So, you’ll have excellent career progression opportunities in our fast-paced teams
- A fun, energetic and lively working environment
Intrigued? We want to hear from you and are open to all levels of experience!
What a Policy Review Specialist does:
- You’ll cast your eagle eye over insurance policies to check customer details are correct and make outbound calls to update and revise customers’ policy details, making any required adjustments or cancellations
You’ll investigate all cases of potential misrepresentation and non-disclosure at policy inception and claims stage through to completion received via a variety of referral sources into CFS.
You’ll investigate, through to a conclusion, policies where quote manipulation is suspected prior to the inception of the policy, putting that inner ‘Sherlock Holmes’ to use.
You’ll answer customers’ questions over the phone, by confirming details in the documents and through email to resolve any discrepancies related to misrepresentation, non-disclosure or indemnity issues.
You’ll identify matches that do not require further investigation and ensure closure is actioned in a timely manner
You’ll investigate and manage any potential voidance cases referring to Policy Analysis Level 2 or Senior for sign off
You’ll monitor and delegate mailboxes ensuring all correspondence is actioned in a timely manner
You’ll administer and process incoming post and e-mail, including the scanning of relevant documents
We’re all about the customer; you’ll give great customer outcomes and get things right first time. It’s in your DNA. Any complaints received are handled effectively and efficiently.
Your skills & experience:
We’d love you to have worked in a customer services role before or in a similar environment but it’s not essential
People are at the heart of everything we do. You’ll be a people person
You’ll be a great communicator both verbal and written, with a sharp eye for detail
Organisation, timekeeping and structure are second nature to you
You’re not fazed by computers and software, with good Microsoft Excel and Word knowledge
You’re eager to learn and develop through continuous training
This is just the start. Imagine where you could end up! The journey’s yours…