Job Title – Senior Systems Integration and Test Engineer
Job Location – Crawley, UK
Job ID – IMS20232208-105063
About this opportunity and L3Harris UK
From 12 UK sites, our team of over 1,400 people deliver unique capabilities across air, land, sea, space and cyber for military, security and commercial customers, worldwide.
L3Harris Training Systems play a key role on delivering the L3Harris Commercial Aviation Solutions mantra of ‘Creating Safer Skies’. From our computer-based solutions all the way to our state-of-the-art Full Flight Simulators (FFS), improving the training experiencing and creating safer skies is at the heart of everything we do. Our Fixed Training Devices (FTD) and FFS feature aircraft-specific flight decks, offering the form, fit, feel, and function of the actual aircraft. Our airline pilot training systems cover the complete training spectrum, whether its systems knowledge, procedure training or jet transition we have the solutions for your airline.
Please note, this role will require international travel to customer sites from time to time – to be discussed further on application.
A few of our employee benefits are:
- Flexible working hours considered and hybrid working where possible
- 25 days holiday per year (plus bank holidays), increasing with long service and with the opportunity to buy/sell up to 5 days
- Private medical insurance with optional family cover
- Pension scheme of up to 7% employer contribution
- Life Assurance 4x salary (flexible up to 10x)
- Group income protection
- Flexible opt-in extras such as a health care cash plan, dental insurance, gym membership, critical illness cover and cycle to work scheme
- Employee assistance program providing mental health and wellbeing support
What the role will involve
In this role, you will ensure the functional operation of all systems and sub-systems on the device and complete necessary functional system testing. They will provide detailed support in diagnostic and troubleshooting of technical issues during the integration phase and be the main technical focal during the customer acceptance testing and certification testing phases of delivery.
- Working with and support the Programme Manager for all aspects of programme engineering.
- Responsible, on a given programme, for ensuring that the delivered device meets the engineering requirements of the customer.
- Collaboration with the Software Release Manger (SRM) to generate the set of requirements for presentation at the technical launch, and then manage their delivery to the programme.
- Responsible for the engineering management of the device from Hardware Software Integration (HSI) to the end of Ready for Training (RFT) programme delivery closure, manage internal independent testing and evaluation and customer acceptance in-house and on-site.
- Assist the Software Release Mangers (SRMs) in providing software baseline management of the aircraft product lines.
What you’ll bring
The role of Senior Systems Integration and Test Engineer requires the following experience and skills:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Senior Systems Integration Test Engineer
- A demonstrably high degree of technical expertise, problem solving skills, and innovation for areas of high complexity on novel developments
- Experience of development lifecycles, systems engineering, formal testing, and verification & validation.
- Experience of real time software programming and integration
- The ability to be recognised as a subject matter expert in an aircraft product line/Simulation sub-system.
- A demonstrable ability to perform as a lead engineer on a development
- Strong leadership, communication and inter-personal skills
Important to know
Applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment must meet the requirement of right to work in the UK.
As an equal opportunities employer, L3Harris is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join L3Harris.