Technical Product Manager : Elekta
- Full Time
Description - The Product Manager leads the Product Management Team for a new Software Platform in Elekta. The role reports to the Head of the Enterprise Platform Group. The Product Management function gathers and structures requirements from internal Elekta stakeholders for Elekta’s software platform. Requirements must guide the platform team to develop solutions that support all Elekta Business Lines to provide excellent products and must ensure that Elekta meets strategic goals across the whole product portfolio. Product Management team presents short, medium and long-term roadmaps for the software platform, aligned with Product Portfolio roadmaps and Elekta’s overall strategic goals. This is a Technical Product Manager role. The Product Manager acts as an advisor to Business Line product managers to explain how the software platform can support their needs for new product features, enable new technologies and technical solutions.
The Elekta Platform is service-oriented modular environment shared across all Elekta products. Elekta products are taken to market by five Business Lines. Requirements for Platform functionality are set by the Product Management team collaborating across Elekta’s Business Lines. Element functions, APIs, data entity models and other key structural architectural features are defined and governed by the Enterprise Architecture team within the Enterprise Platform Group in collaboration with Product Management and other stakeholders across the business. Underlying platform utility services are delivered by Enterprise Platform Group engineering teams. New Elekta product features are developed by Business Line engineering teams. The Elekta Platform is a new programme within Elekta which will have its first delivery this year and then will continue to be a foundational aspect of all Elekta products.
Drive the overall Software Platform features to meet Elekta’s product and business goals. The Product Manager must actively help Elekta to deliver innovative product software that is effective and easily usable, with thoroughly robust, reliable run-time behaviour and good performance. Elekta software must be convenient and cheap to manage, maintain and update in the field. Software must be appropriately designed and implemented for safe and efficient use within a healthcare environment at a clinic, meeting stringent healthcare and security standards.
Prepare and present a set of Product Roadmaps, together with other team members. The Roadmaps will guide the delivery of all functional and non-functional platform features in a coordinated way to support Elekta Business Line and strategic requirements. The roadmaps must be fully aligned with Business Line product roadmaps and Enterprise Architecture roadmaps.
Present a clear Product Vision in the roadmaps for development of Elekta platform in the short, medium and long term. Interact with key stakeholders across Business Line Product Management, System Architecture, Regulatory, and Advanced Development teams to ensure the product development vision in the business is informed and supported by the Platform Product Roadmap.
Ensure that the Platform Product Roadmap is brought into Elekta Products by preparing Feature delivery requirements in good time ahead of Elekta engineering Agile Delivery trains.
Lead a small team of Product Owners to ensure the requirements are driven into delivery trains in a timely fashion to meet Elekta’s Product portfolio needs
As a key member of the Enterprise Platform Group leadership team, drive understanding and easy adoption of the Elekta Platform for all software engineering teams in Elekta. Guide Elekta towards modern service-based architecture for composable services and UIs. Ensure that Elekta products are cloud-ready and can safely and easily support recent and new technologies such as Machine Learning, Data Analytics, SaaS based collaborator apps, mobile as well as desktop access etc.
Maintain a clear understanding of the needs across Elekta’s product portfolio. Anticipate business needs in good time to allow engineering preparation in the software platform.
Work with product and platform team stakeholders to define useful Persona identities to direct platform functions, delivery and testing.
Work with stakeholders to define compelling user workflows and user interactions as part of new feature specifications
Be a credible, trusted authority on the platform’s purpose, behaviour and operational features. Be a trusted, capable technical leader, able to guide and influence across a global organisation of experts and specialists. Be comfortable presenting and discussing product and technical issues with non-technical stakeholders, architecture and engineering, internal and external clinical and scientific specialists and senior management in an inclusive and impactful way, so that platform innovations and issues are understood and accepted and can then be addressed appropriately.
Stay well informed on software and healthcare industry developments to ensure Elekta is fully aligned with latest regulations, innovations and industry trends and can plan key product requirements in good time. While this role is internal facing, the product manager will need to understand the needs of Elekta’s customers and keep in touch with clinical practice
Authorities - Accountable for
- Effective operation of the Product Management function within the Enterprise Platform Group with Product Roadmaps and other strategy documents regularly updated and proven to be used and realised
- A regular cadence of delivery of product roadmap features into products via well-planned detailed feature requirements shared with engineering teams.
- Effective articulation of the Software Platform goal, purpose and function for Internal customers
- Clear definition of useful Persona identities to direct platform functions, delivery and testing.
- Clear definition of compelling user workflows and user interactions as part of new feature specifications
- Timely identification of Future technology needs for Elekta products, so the platform can remain up to date and useful for research teams to prototype innovations.
- Accuracy and completeness of platform product requirements given to platform engineering teams
- Coordination and effectiveness of the cross-Business-Line Portfolio Alignment Forum to ensure Business Line needs are met and aligned for efficient product delivery
- Delivery and regular refresh of a set of Product Roadmaps to guide platform software development to support all Elekta products.
- Definition of Platform Goal and Purpose as part of the Roadmap so that Elekta’s business lines understand how to deliver modular product components in an efficient and effective way using the emerging Elekta Software Platform
- Definition and specification of appropriate user experiences to be satisfied by platform feature development so that the generalist platform can be valuable for development across all Business Line
- Definition of user workflows, user interaction experiences and UI expectations that should be delivered on the platform
- Definition of Persona identities to direct platform functions, delivery and testing.
- Capable, effective leadership of the Platform Product Management function, ensuring the team meets strategic goals and performs well
- Line management and career guidance for Platform Product Management team members
- Active engagement in the Platform Group leadership team to ensure that Elekta’s software platform becomes and remains an excellent foundation for all Elekta’s software Products
- Ensuring each Agile Train in software engineering sets off well prepared with appropriate requirement specifications, models and guidance
- Engagement with teams across Elekta to guide product software strategy and implementation with insights on possible platform solutions.
- Alignment of Platform Product and Architectural roadmaps to drive forward in a strategic way and ensure Elekta’s software solutions can be best in class
- Addressing emerging new technologies in Roadmaps and feature proposals to ensure Elekta can take advantage of innovations and industry developments as quickly and effectively as possible
- Positive and productive interaction with stakeholders across the business to keep Product roadmaps well aligned and to ensure fast and effective delivery of high quality software products
- General product feature issues for strategic direction, general technical product information and advice.
- The validity of proposed features to ensure Elekta is fully aligned with latest regulations, innovations and industry trends and can plan key product requirements effectively.
Relevant Knowledge, skills and competencies This is a technical leadership role requiring considerable expertise in technical product management and product specification. We are looking for passionate people with strong technical understanding ang communication skills, the ability to lead calmly and decisively and influence others with articulation and insight.
- A graduate degree, preferably in Maths, Sciences, Engineering, Computer Science or relevant healthcare disciplines
- Excellent technical communication skills, with the ability to create and deliver compelling written, graphical, and spoken narratives tailored for customers, senior-level management, design and research teams, or a large, diverse audience
- A good high-level understanding of modern software techniques and practices
- Proven experience leading teams and guiding large software projects to implement good functionality and user experience
- Experience of driving innovation in product development
- Healthcare IT or medical device subject matter knowledge is desirable. Knowledge of oncology is a big plus, but not expected.
- Experience of successfully delivering products subject to regulatory requirements and international standards
- Proven ability to lead effectively in a distributed matrix organization with several business lines competing for support
additional local information or n/a N/A